Locations and Appointments
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2012
- A.B., Princeton University, 2008
Gayle Rudofsky Salama, M.D is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Neuroradiology. She is an Assistant Professor at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Salama earned her B.A. in Molecular Biology from Princeton University in 2008 after completing her undergraduate thesis on neuronal development in Drosophila under her advisor and Nobel Laureate, Dr. Eric Wieschaus. Dr. Salama then earned her M.D. with Distinction in Radiology Research from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2012. She was inducted to the Alpha Omega Alpha(AOA) medical honor society in her 4th year of medical school.
Following an internship at Mount Auburn in Cambridge, MA, Dr. Salama completed residency training in Radiology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine where she was awarded the Distinguished Housestaff Award for Clinical Excellence in 2016. Dr. Salama believes in bringing radiology to the bedside and developed an innovative Weill Cornell resident imaging consultation service during her residency.
She completed her fellowship training in Neuroradiology at Weill Cornell Medical College prior to joining the faculty as an Assistant Professor of Radiology in July 2018.
Dr. Salama interprets a variety of studies, including radiographic, MRI, MRA, CT, and CTA examinations of the brain, head and neck, and spine. Specific areas of neuroradiology interest include stroke, brain and spinal cord tumors, head and neck cancer, meningitis/encephalitis, neuro-related autoimmune disease, degenerative spine disease, and vascular lesions.
She also performs x-ray and CT-guided neuro-interventional procedures such as lumbar punctures, myelograms, cisternograms, nerve blocks, facet blocks, epidural injections, and epidural blood patches.
Dr. Salama is a member of several radiological societies listed below:
• Medical Society of the State of NY
• American Medical Association
• Alpha Omega Alpha
• American College of Radiology
• Radiological Society of North America
• New York Roentgen Ray Society
• American Society of Neuroradiology
• Spine Intervention Society
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans