Frank A. Petito, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Neurology
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Seizure Disorder
- Central Nervous System Infection
- Abnormality of Gait
- Neck and Back Pain
- Myasthenia Gravis
Frank A. Petito, MD, received his medical degree M.D. from Columbia-Presbyterian Medical College. He completed his internship and residency training in neurology at The New York Hospital. He is certified by The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and was recently named as one of the top doctors in his field by New York Magazine. Dr. Petito is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of all aspects of neurologic disorders. His particular interest lies in the areas of headache and Multiple Sclerosis. For Consultation/Referral/ Appointment please call: (212) 746-2309.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Professor of Clinical Neurology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Finbar and Marianne Kenny Professor in Neurology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Neurologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1967
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported