Felicia A. Mendelsohn Curanaj, M.D.
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Specialties and Expertise
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- Endocrine Conditions In Pregnancy
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
Dr. Felicia A. Mendelsohn Curanaj is the Director of the Inpatient Glycemic Management Program at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medicine and co-chair of the NYP Enterprise Inpatient Glycemic Management Committee. She has additional roles in the field of medical education, serving as Associate Program Director of the Endocrinology Fellowship Program, co-leader of the Endocrine Unit of the Health, Illness, and Disease course for the medical school, and endocrine preceptor for the High Risk Obstetrics Clinic. Dr. Mendelsohn is involved in multiple quality improvement studies at Weill Cornell to plan and implement strategies that improve inpatient glycemic management across all NewYork-Presbyterian campuses.
Dr. Mendelsohn received her undergraduate degree from Harvard University and graduated with her medical degree from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She then completed residency training in Internal Medicine at Yale University School of Medicine and fellowship training in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism at New York University Medical Center. She later served as a Women’s Health Scholar and Associate Research Scientist at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. She has received numerous awards throughout her career, including the Chief Resident Recognition Award at Yale University and the Physical Diagnosis Teaching Award at New York University.
Dr. Mendelsohn’s work has appeared in numerous publications and presentations regarding developments in the field of endocrinology and women’s health. Dr. Mendelsohn has also served as a Yale/Johnson & Johnson Physician Scholar in International Health through medical mission trips in Africa.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2003
- A.B., Harvard University, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare