My approach to caring for patients is holistic and characterized by treatment of the whole person, rather than just the physical symptoms of adisease. I strive to provide the very best care by not only staying up to date on current research, but also by working as a team with each patient to address their medical and non-medical needs and goals.
Specialties and Expertise
- Breast Cancer
After receiving her BS in Biology at the University of North Texas, Dr. Evelyn Taiwo obtained her MD at Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia. Following her residency at Boston University Medical Center, she completed a three-year fellowship in hematology and oncology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas in 2011.
Dr. Taiwo served as Assistant Professor of Medicine at the State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn from July 2011-2019, and as Attending Physician and Hematology-Oncology Fellowship Program Site Director at Kings County Hospital. While at Kings County Hospital, she served in a leadership role as Director of the Breast Cancer Clinic, overseeing the operations, research activities, clinical care delivery, and education.
As a researcher, Dr. Taiwo has contributed to a number of studies on cancer presentation in urban and minority patient populations.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- Breast Cancer Awards honor from the President of the Borough of Brooklyn in recognition and honor of leadership and contributions to healthcare. Award given for demonstrating outstanding commitment to promoting excellence in healthcare and public health education to support the local residents of Brooklyn. (April 2018)
- Doctor’s Day award from Kings County Hospital in recognition of outstanding dedication and service. (March 2014)
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Hematology)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Medical Oncology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine (Interim) - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Temple University School of Medicine, 2004
- B.S., University of North Texas, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.