Specialties and Expertise
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Obstetrics, High Risk
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- Abnormal Obstetric Ultrasound Scan
- Prenatal Diagnosis
- Intrauterine Growth Retardation
- Autoimmune Disorder
- Thrombophilia During Pregnancy
Dr. Emilie L. Vander Haar is a Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist with expertise in high risk obstetrics. She specializes in obstetric ultrasound and prenatal diagnostic procedures. Her special interests include intrauterine growth restriction, thrombophilia, and autoimmune disorders.
Dr. Vander Haar chose to join the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine because it is recognized for providing high quality and individualized care to women experiencing high risk pregnancy. She is excited to join a strong team of specialists who are committed to providing clinical care, teaching the next generation of physicians and conducting research.
Dr. Vander Haar is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She attended medical school at the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine in Chicago, IL. She completed residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology and a fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine in New York Presbyterian/Colombia University in New York, NY. While in residency training, Dr. Vander Haar was selected for an excellence in teaching award by medical students at Columbia University. She has published research and presented at national conferences on infection in pregnancy and neonatal outcomes after delivery.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 2011
- B.A., Pomona College, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- GHI - CBP
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare Compass