Edward J. Schenck, M.D.
As an academic intensivist at New York Presbyterian Hospital I specialize in caring for the critical ill. This usually involves managing multiple complex situations and prioritizing care in the face of uncertainty. I strive to provide expert and holistic guidance to patients and their loved ones in these challenging situations.
In addition to my clinical responsibilities, I am actively involved in the educational mission of Weill-Cornell Medical College. I consider the development of medical students, residents and pulmonary critical care fellows a high priority. I have a particular focus in teaching bedside intensive care ultrasound and critical assessment of the medical literature.
It is a privilege to work with a multidisciplinary team of outstanding nurses, pharmacists, residents and fellows. I am honored to be at a forward thinking and progressive institution, where care exceeds expectations.
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- M.D., Temple University School of Medicine, 2006
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2002
Honors and Awards
Fellow of the Year Award: New York University Langone Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, 2011-2012
Chief Resident Internal Medicine: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 2009-2010
Alpha Omega Alpha Temple University School of Medicine, 2002
Assistant Attending Physician
Instructor in Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Schenck is an Assistant Attending Physician at the New York Presbyterian Hospital and a clinical instructor in medicine at Weill-Cornell Medical College. His clinical, research and educational interests include: critical care ultrasound, quality improvement, medical decision making, and bioinformatics.
He is an instructor at the Americal College of Chest Physicians focused thoracic and vascular ultrasound and critical care echocardiography courses.
He completed his undergraduate work at the University of Pennsylvania and medical education at the Temple University School of Medicine, both in Philadelphia. His residency in internal medicine was at the New York Presbyterian Hospital. He was Chief Resident at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He returned to the New York Presbyterian Hospital after finishing fellowship in the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the New York University Langone Medical Center.