Specialties and Expertise
- Women's Psychiatry
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
- Adult Psychiatry
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Psychiatric Aspects of Physical Illness
- Women's Mental Health
- Post-Partum Depression
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Psychopharmacology and Psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Family Therapy
- Couples Therapy
Dr. Elena Friedman is an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Psychiatrist at New York Presbyterian Hospital. She is a faculty member of the Psychiatry Consultation-Liaison Service, where she performs consultations and provides psychiatric treatment for medically-ill patients in the general hospital. She also teaches psychiatry to Weill Cornell medical students and supervises residents in training. In her faculty practice, Dr. Friedman specializes in diagnostic consultations and evaluations, psychotherapy, and pharmacological treatment. She provides individual, couples, and family therapy. Dr. Friedman has expertise in treating people with medical and neurological conditions, and has a special interest in women’s health.
Dr. Elena Friedman received her B.A. degree from Cornell University, graduating with distinction. Following her undergraduate studies, she managed a Social Psychology laboratory at New York University. She obtained her medical degree from Weill Cornell Medical College, where she received AOA standing, as well as multiple awards for scholastic achievement and excellence in psychiatry. Dr Friedman completed her residency in Adult Psychiatry at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, where she received the Consultation Psychiatry Department Award. Dr. Friedman also completed a psychoanalytic fellowship at the New York Psychoanalytic Society and Institute. She went on to complete a fellowship in Psychosomatic Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center and has written on the process of psychiatric consultations in the medical setting.
To schedule an appointment, please call (212) 746 5724
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2008
- B.A., Cornell University, 2003
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark