David Pisapia, M.D.
As a neuropathologist I am committed to treating every surgical specimen I receive with the utmost care and attention. Patients and their treating physicians rely on an accurate and comprehensive pathology report that often serves as the foundation for devising the most effective treatment strategy. I am constantly thinking about ways to improve the handling and analysis of surgical specimens with the goal of providing the most clinically meaningful information to patients and their treatment team.
- Anatomic Pathology
- Brain Tumor
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2009
- B.A., Columbia College-Columbia University, 2000
Assistant Attending Pathologist
Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Pisapia is a board-certified anatomic pathologist and neuropathologist who specializes in the diagnosis of neoplasms and other disorders within the central nervous system. He obtained his B.A. from Columbia University in 2000 and his M.D. from Weill Cornell Medical College in 2009. He completed training in anatomic pathology at New York-Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell Medical Center and his neuropathology fellowship training at New York-Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Pisapia's research interests include furthering the molecular characterization of brain tumors in an effort to reveal therapeutically and prognostically meaningful subclassifications of heterogeneous brain tumors that are often lumped into a single diagnostic entity.