David Kopman, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2001
Honors and Awards
Marjorie J. Topkins Award, Department of Anesthesiology, Weill Cornell Medical College, 2010
Teacher of the Year
Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
David J. Kopman, M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Kopman holds a Bachelor of Science in chemistry from Columbia University and earned his M.D. at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Kopman did his internship at St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center in New York City and did his Residency in Anesthesiology here at Weill Cornell.
Dr. Kopman has been on the faculty here at Weill Cornell since 2007. He is very involved in our educational programs, serving as Director of Education for the Neuroanesthesia Rotation, among other duties. Clinically, he is a member of both the Neurosurgical and Obstetrical Anesthesia Teams. He is also Director of the CRNAs (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists).
Dr. Kopman was born in The Bronx. Prior to entering medicine, he trained as a chef at the Culinary Institute of America. He held numerous positions as a sous-chef before enrolling at Columbia to study chemistry. Dr. Kopman and his family reside in New York City.