Locations and Appointments
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Iowa College of Medicine, 2000
I specialize in the care of all pediatric patients who are critically ill. As a pediatric intensive care physician, it is my goal to provide my patients with the best care possible. My experience from training at a busy cardiac center and my experiences in the care of children after open heart surgery in developing worlds have allowed me to develop skills necessary to optimize postoperative care of children with congenital heart diseases regardless of available resources. I am fortunate to be able to work with a team of colleagues who are dedicated to the same goals of care I have for all of our patients. I hope that we will continue to make a positive impact on the lives of children and their families who come under our care. Lastly, I hope that my work in translational research outside of the clinical setting will help to improve the overall care of critically ill children in the future.
Dr. Deyin Hsing is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. She received her undergraduate degree (BA) from St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and her medical degree (MD) from the University Of Iowa College Of Medicine in Iowa City, Iowa.
She completed her Pediatric residency training at the University of California, Irvine. She remained on the West Coast for her fellowship training in Pediatric Critical Care at the University of California, Los Angeles, where she was also a member of the UCLA Critical Care Transport team. She joined the the PCCM division immediately following her fellowship. She was the Medical Director of the PICU at New York Queens Hospital (now NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens) from 2009-2012.
Her research during fellowship involved in the study of adrenal insufficiency in pediatric patients following cardiopulmonary bypass. Her clinical interests include the delivery of critical care to pediatric cardiac patients and is an active member of the Cardiothoracic Surgery Education and Quality Committee. She has additional interest in the delivery of critical care to pediatric cardiac patients in developing countries and has served as a medical volunteer on many of the medical mission trips sponsored by the International Children's Heart Foundation.
Dr. Hsing's current research interests include management of acute respiratory insufficiency/failure in pediatric patients as well as the utilization of new serum biomarkers in patients with sepsis to predict clinical course.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans