You are here
New York, NY 10038
New York, NY 10065
Specialties & Expertise
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computerized Axial Tomography (CT)
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
- Diagnostic Radiology
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 2004
- A.B., Harvard College, 2000
Honors & Awards
NewYork-Presbyterian Distinguished Housestaff Award, 2008.
NewYork-Presbyterian Quality and Patient Safety Star Award, 2014.
Dr. Boyajian is Vice Chairman of Radiology for Lower Manhattan, where he serves as Clinical Director of the Department of Radiology at NewYork-Presbyterian / Lower Manhattan Hospital, and Lead Physician of Weill Cornell Imaging at NewYork-Presbyterian’s 53 Beekman Street practice.
He is a graduate of Harvard University, having earned there the degrees Artium Baccalaureus summa cum laude in Biochemical Sciences, and Doctor of Medicine. He has completed internship in Internal Medicine at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge, Mass.; residency training in Diagnostic Radiology at NYP / Weill Cornell Medical Center, serving as Chief Resident during that time; and fellowship training in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (body and musculoskeletal), also at Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is certified to practice Diagnostic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology.
In July 2010, Dr. Boyajian joined the full-time faculty of Weill Cornell Medical College. During his tenure, he has garnered a reputation for clinical excellence in a broad array of imaging modalities, including MRI, CT, and ultrasound. He has been an invited lecturer at international conferences in these areas of clinical expertise, as well as in CT physics and radiology reporting. He is a faculty moderator of Lower Manhattan Hospital’s interdisciplinary gastrointestinal tumor board, and routinely conducts imaging review rounds for referring physicians.
In his role as Chairman of the NYP/LMH Radiology Quality and Patient Safety Committee, Dr. Boyajian has developed and implemented numerous initiatives, several of which have been adopted broadly throughout the NYP enterprise. Leadership of efforts to enhance quality, safety, and the patient experience has been a hallmark of his career.
Dr. Boyajian is a member of the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, and the American Roentgen Ray Society.