I specialize in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology, with a special interest in cardiogenic shock and mechanical circulatory support. As an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Cardiology at New York Presbyterian Hospital and Weill Cornell Medical College, I work with patients both in the outpatient as well as the inpatient setting. My inpatient practice involves taking care of sick patients on the advanced heart failure consult service, the cardiac critical care unit, the cardiac step-down unit, the cardiogenic shock response team, as well as the evaluation of patients for advanced therapies such as left-ventricular assist devices and cardiac transplantation. I also maintain an outpatient advanced heart failure practice at both NYP-Cornell and NYP-Lower Manhattan. I aim to provide consistently high quality, timely, and multidisciplinary care for patients with heart failure and cardiogenic shock in order to improve their clinical outcomes and quality of life.
Specialties and Expertise
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Failure
- Advanced Heart Failure
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiovascular Outcomes Research In Population-Based Samples
- Cardiovascular Critical Care
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD)
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Disease
Dr. Daniel Lu graduated from Brown University with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. He then completed his medical training as well as a Masters of Health Sciences at Yale School of Medicine, followed by internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. He then completed his subspecialty training in Cardiology at New York-Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell Medical Center, and underwent further subspecialty training in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology at both NYP-Cornell and NYP-Columbia. Dr. Lu has co-authored numerous research papers in medicine and cardiology and maintains an active research interest investigating outcomes of treatment for heart failure and cardiogenic shock.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiovascular Disease)
- National Board of Echocardiography (Adult Echocardiography)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 2014
- M.H.S., Yale University School of Medicine, 2014
- Sc.B., Brown University, 2009
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported