Specialties and Expertise
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Body Imaging
- CT (Computerized Tomography)
- CT Scan of the Body
- Emergency Ultrasound
- PET Scan
- Positron Emission Tomography
- X-Ray Imaging
Dr. Calvin Sy is Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. He is a member of the Emergency Radiology Division.
Dr. Sy earned his B.S. degree from the University of California, San Diego in 1998. He was awarded his M.D. degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA in 2002. Dr. Sy was an intern (2002-2003) at the UPMC Shady Side Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA and received his radiology residency training (2003-2007) in Diagnostic Radiology at Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY. This was followed by a Fellowship in Body- MRI Imaging at Weill Cornell Medical College-NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in 2007-2008.
Dr. Sy achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2007.
Dr. Sy was recruited to join the full-time faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College, Department of Radiology after completing his Fellowship. Dr. Sy has developed clinical expertise in Emergency Radiology and performs a wide variety of exams in CT, MRI, ultrasound, and x-ray.
In addition to clinical duties, Dr. Sy is an active and dedicated teacher of residents, fellows and medical students.
- American Board of Radiology (Diagnostic Radiology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2002
- B.S., University of California, San Diego, 1998
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported