Specialties and Expertise
- Heart Disease In Pregnancy
- Cancer Complicating Pregnancy
- Lupus In Pregnancy
“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” —Albert Einstein. That statement has always resonated with me and I believe it is exemplified by the best doctors.
Dr. Oxford-Horrey is one of the few Obstetric Intensivists in the United States. She completed her medical school training at Howard University College of Medicine followed by an Obstetrics & Gynecology residency at Pennsylvania Hospital. In 2010, she then went on to become the 9th person in the country with fellowship training and board certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine and Critical Care Anesthesia. Both of her fellowships were done at the Brigham & Women’s Hospital where she stayed on faculty with a dual appointment in the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine and Department of Surgery. While at Brigham & Women’s Hospital, she cared for critically ill mothers and served as attending faculty in the Surgical ICU, Thoracic Intermediate care and Burn-Trauma units.
In 2012, she joined the University of Pennsylvania Health System where she spent 3 years as the Director of Obstetric Services at Pennsylvania Hospital maintaining her clinical focus on high acuity maternal care and administrative efforts in Quality Improvement and Patient Safety. She subsequently led the Critical Care Obstetrics and In-situ Simulation curriculum at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where she was also the Co-Director of the Pregnancy and Heart Disease Program. Outside of her clinical duties in Maternal Fetal Medicine, she served on the Philadelphia Maternal Mortality Review Board.
Her publications include journal articles and chapters on hemodynamics of pregnancy, care of the pregnant surgical patient and trauma in pregnancy. She has been the recipient of many teaching awards in her career and believes in “paying it forward” with mentorship of upcoming clinicians with particular enthusiasm for the care of high-risk obstetric patients.
Dr. Oxford-Horrey brings her expertise to Weill Cornell Medical Center as the Director of Labor & Delivery where she will continue to use simulation and collaborative care models to ensure the safest and highest quality inpatient experience for our patients.
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Howard University College of Medicine, 2003
- B.S., University of South Carolina, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY