Cynthia Magro, M.D.
I believe in offering the most detailed and accurate analysis of a pathological specimen. My objective is to render a diagnosis that is the most reasonable for the clinical circumstances at hand and do so as expeditiously as possible. My diagnostic work also defines the impetus for my role as an academician. If I can glean an enhanced understanding into the pathophysiologic basis of a disease process or recognize patterns that will facilitate others to diagnose similar diseases, I feel compelled to communicate this information to others either in the context of my writings or through my mentoring of students, residents and fellows.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., University of Manitoba Faculty of Medicine (Canada), 1984
Honors and Awards
Dr. Cynthia Magro has been featured in the New York Times, Super Doctors 2008-2012, and listed as a Top Doctor in Castle Connolly Medical Limited. She is an expert in Interstitial Lung Disease, Lung Cancer, Dermatitis, Skin Cancer, and Skin Diseases. She is a member of the American Society of Dermatopathology, International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation, and United States and Canadian Academy of Pathologists.
Professor of Pathology in Dermatology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Cynthia Magro is Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Weill Cornell Medical College and Director of the Comprehensive Dermatopathology Service of the Weill Medical College located in the upper east side of Manhattan. Dr. Magro received her training at Harvard medical School. She is internationally known in dermatopathology, having co-authored over 250 papers, several book chapters and three textbooks the Melanocytic Proliferation, the Cutaneous Lymphoid proliferation, and Cutaneous Biopsy Interpretation and is an co-editor on the Barnhill Textbook of Dermatopathology. Her expertise has focused on the pathologic assessment of cutaneous autoimmune disease, viral disease, immunofluorescence, drug reactions, benign, atypical neoplastic lymphocytic infiltrates of the skin and problematic melanocytic proliferations. In addition she has expertise in the area of non-neoplastic lung disease where she has functioned as the senior author on several papers in the areas of pulmonary vasculitis, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and lung transplantation. She has also developed a novel approach to the evaluation of non-neoplastic inflammatory lung disease via direct immunofluorescent techiniques which has been published in the new 2008 book Pulmonary Pathology (Churchill Liningstone). Dr. Cynthia Magro has been listed in the New York Times, Super Doctors for 2008-2012. She is also listed in Top Doctors: New York Metro Area in Castle Connolly Medical Limited for 2010 and 2011. She is a member of the American Society of Dermatopathology and United States and Canadian Academy of Pathologists.