Clarissa Lock-O'Hanlon, M.D.
My love for medicine and primary care stems from a love of working with people. From past experiences helping children with autism to treating veterans at the VA Hospital to serving COVID-19 patients in New York City, I've enjoyed my experiences working with and caring for patients. As a physician I am especially passionate about preventative care and work to provide care integrating the most up-to-date medical guidelines with the personal circumstances of each patient.
Specialties and Expertise
- Primary Care Internist
Dr. Lock-O'Hanlon is originally from the Los Angeles area. She attended the University of California, San Diego, where she studied Psychology with a Neuroscience focus in addition to her pre-medical studies. She earned her medical degree at the University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio and completed her residency in Internal Medicine at Mount Sinai Beth Israel. In her spare time, she enjoys Broadway shows, playing the piano, singing, and exploring the city with her husband and young son.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, 2017
- B.S., University of California, 2009
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported