Christopher Foglia, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery at Weill Cornell Medicine. He is also Director of the General Surgical Residency Program and Chief of the Section of Colorectal Surgery at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens.
Dr. Foglia is board certified in general and colorectal surgery and specializes in performing colon and rectal surgery. He also has a special interest in colon, rectal, anal and bowel cancers, and diseases, including ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, anorectal disease, and diverticulitis.
Dr. Foglia has won numerous teaching awards and has been recognized in numerous publications as a top doctor in colon and rectal surgery. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, America Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, and the New York Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
After graduating from Cornell University, Dr. Foglia earned his medical degree from SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine and completed his internship and residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center at Harvard University in Boston, MA. He served his fellowship in colon and rectal surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York.
Specialties and Expertise
- Colorectal Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Surgeon - NewYork-Presbyterian Queens
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Stony Brook, School of Medicine, 1999
- B.S., Cornell University, 1995
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.