Locations and Appointments
- Body Imaging
- Body Imaging - US/CT/MRI
- Breast Imaging
- Diagnostic Radiology
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- CT (Computed Tomography)
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine, 2009
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2005
Christine Chen, M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Chen earned her B.A. from the University of California-Berkeley where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2005. She then received her M.D. at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA in 2009.
Following an internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Hawaii, Dr. Chen completed residency training in Diagnostic Radiology (2010-2016) at Yale New-Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT. She completed her fellowship in Body and Breast Imaging at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Chen was invited to join the faculty and was appointed Assistant Attending of Radiology in January 2017.
Dr. Chen's clinical expertise is in Breast and Abdominal Imaging. She interprets a variety of studies, including mammography, ultrasound, MRI, CT and PET-CT. She also performs breast interventional procedures, including stereotactic, ultrasound and MRI-guided breast biopsies, and pre-operative seed localizations.
Dr. Chen has a special interest in global radiology outreach and in improving breast cancer management and outcomes in Africa. She travels regularly with ICSBCS (International Center for the Study of Breast Cancer Subtypes) as a radiology expert, providing lectures and hands-on ultrasound workshops for radiologists in low-resource hospitals.
In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Chen is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Chen is a member of the following prestigious radiological societies:
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Abdominal Radiology
- Society of Breast Imaging
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans