You are here
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Diagnostic Radiology
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- B.A., Marshall University, 1981
- M.D., Marshall University School of Medicine, 1984
Honors and Awards
2007 - 2009 America's Best Doctors
Professor of Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Attended the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Marshall University, and the Marshall University School of Medicine. Completed a residency in diagnostic radiology at the University of Virginia Medical Center and a fellowship in neuroradiology at the University of Virginia. Joined the staff at the University of Virginia Health System Division of Neuroradiology as an assistant professor, and progressed to Full Professor and Director of the Division of Neuroradiology, Vice Chair of Finance of the Department of Radiology, and Director of the Neuroradiology Fellowship program. Active member of the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, the American Society of Neuroradiology, American Society of Head and Neck Radiology, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the Southeastern Neuroradiology Society, and the Association of University Radiologists. ASNR representative to the AMA CPT Editorial Committee, and serves on the ASNR Economics Commission.
Currently on the executive committee of the American Society of Head and Neck Radiology as the Secretary of this society. Multiple committee assignments and the Vice Chair of the Coding and Nomenclature Committee of the American College of Radiology.
Two children, both in college in the state of Virginia.