I am an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and board certified in Pathology. I will serve as Section Head of Gastrointestinal Pathology and function as an anatomic and surgical pathologist at Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
Specialties and Expertise
- Gastrointestinal Pathology
- Surgical Pathology
Dr. Fan obtained her MD at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University in Shanghai, China in 1983 and her MS in Pharmacy at the Saint John's University in New York in 1995. She completed various residencies at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Mt. Sinai Medical Center and St. Vincent Medical Center and completed two fellowships at Roswell Park Cancer Institute and Mount Sinai Medical Center. She has had several academic and hospital appointments and comes to us from Northwell Health System on Long Island. She will serve as Section Head of Gastrointestinal Pathology and function as an anatomic and surgical pathologist at Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
• Best Clinic Science Report, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, 06/30/2009
• Outstanding Young, Shanghai 9th Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai, 07/01/1988
• Ophthalmologist, Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
• Outstanding medical Graduate (Top 5%), School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, 08/01/1983
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic Pathology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pathologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.S., St. John's University, 1995
- M.D., Shanghai Jiaotong University, School of Medicine (China), 1983
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.