Locations and Appointments
- Primary Care Internist
- Weight Management
- Chronic Disease
- Advice or Immunization For Travel
- Stress Management
- Back Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Preventative Health Care
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Instructor in Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Michigan Medical School, 2014
- M.S., University of Michigan School of Public Health, 2013
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2009
I went into primary care primarily because of the opportunity it affords me to develop meaningful relationships with patients as we work together on health and wellness. Whether it's a short visit for a cold, or a years-long longitudinal partnership, I love being able to listen to patients' experiences and use my expertise to work together on developing a diagnostic, treatment, and follow up plan. Working at Weill Cornell, with the incredibly talented and dedicated staff that I am blessed to be able to work with each day, I am able to offer the highest quality, efficient, patient-centered care possible to help patients achieve, or regain, their optimal state of physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health.
Dr. Brett Ehrmann graduated summa cum laude from the University of Michigan, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in American Culture. He then attended the University of Michigan Medical School, and was awarded his medical degree with distinction in research, medical education, and service. He also obtained a Master of Science degree in Clinical Research from the University of Michigan School of Public Health.
Dr. Ehrmann completed his residency in Primary Care/Internal Medicine at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center. His areas of clinical interest include preventative health and wellness, weight management, mind-body medicine, and chronic disease management. He is dedicated to fostering partnerships with patients rooted in compassion, respect, and trust to help them reach their optimal state of health. In his spare time, he enjoys playing tennis, hiking, and traveling.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Frederic T. Kirkham award 2017, awarded to the top primary care residency
graduate at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center