I strive to treat every patient respectfully and with attention to them not just as a patient needing the latest advanced medical treatment, but as a whole person struggling with the effects of illness.
Specialties and Expertise
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Palliative Medicine
- Palliative Care
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Emphysema of Lung
- Respiratory Failure
- Septic Shock
Dr. Hayward received his medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine in May of 2009. He then completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Temple University Hospital in 2012. He moved on to finish a fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center in 2013. Recently he completed a fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at New York University Medical Center. Dr. Hayward is board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, and Palliative Medicine.
His areas of interest include providing compassionate care for critically ill patients, treatment and symptom management in advanced lung disease, and effective physician communication regarding end-of-life care. He is conscientious in supporting not only his patients but also their families through the treatment process.
Very good consultation. He is very thorough. – Susan J.
Dr. Hayward has been my champion throughout my difficult illness. He has been at my side from diagnosis to treatment. We are so grateful to Dr. Hayward and his staff. Dr. HAYWARD ROCKS! – Joan P.
Very pleasant, professional, thorough, listens, kind, competent returned phone call after appointment same day. I am so happy to have found this doctor. Everyone from reception to the nurses to Dr. Hayward were nice, smiling, and happy to help. – Victoria S.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Critical Care Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Hospice and Palliative Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Pulmonary Disease)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Temple University School of Medicine, 2009
- B.A., Case Western Reserve University, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported