Byron Paul Demopoulos, M.D.
My initial approach to any patient, first and foremost, is to listen; I then try to understand what the medical priorities are. I enjoy providing comprehensive care and when possible, simplifying the medical regiment when it has become difficult and burdensome. I emphasize continuity of care, both in and our of the hosptial, and I offer a longitudinal perspective to patients, whether the priorities are preventive care and counseling for the well or complex integrative management forthose with multiple diseases.
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
- Primary Care
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- * AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- * CIGNA
- Emblem Select Care
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- * Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- * Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- * United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1991
Associate Attending Physician
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Byron P. Demopoulos is a graduate of Amherst College. He received his medical degree from Cornell University Medical College (currently Weill Cornell Medical College) in 1991 and completed his Internal Medicine Residency at The New York Hospital [now NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (Weill Cornell Campus)] in 1994. Upon completion of his training, Dr. Demopoulos joined the Weill Cornell Internal Medicine Associates practice, where he is engaged in the practice of General Internal Medicine.
Dr. Demopoulos is active in the education of medical students, serving as the founder and director of the Ambulatory Care Clerkship for third year medical students. He is also an active participant in medical resident education in ambulatory care, and helped establish and develop our in-patient Hospitalist program and Medical Orthopedics Trauma Service. He is the recipient of numerous awards for excellence in teaching from the Medical School and from the Residency Training Program.