Byron Paul Demopoulos, M.D.
My initial approach to any patient, first and foremost, is to listen; I then try to understand what the medical priorities are. I enjoy providing comprehensive care and when possible, simplifying the medical regiment when it has become difficult and burdensome. I emphasize continuity of care, both in and out of the hospital, and I offer a longitudinal perspective to patients, whether the priorities are preventive care and counseling for the well or complex integrative management for those with multiple diseases.
Specialties and Expertise
- Internal Medicine
Dr. Byron P. Demopoulos is a graduate of Amherst College. He received his medical degree from Cornell University Medical College (currently Weill Cornell Medical College) in 1991 and completed his Internal Medicine Residency at The New York Hospital [now NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (Weill Cornell Campus)] in 1994. Upon completion of his training, Dr. Demopoulos joined the Weill Cornell Internal Medicine Associates practice, where he is engaged in the practice of General Internal Medicine.
Dr. Demopoulos is active in the education of medical students, residents, and fellows. He is also an active participant in medical resident education in ambulatory care and helped establish and develop an in-patient Hospitalist program and Medical Orthopedics Trauma Service. He is the recipient of numerous awards for excellence in teaching from the Medical School and the Residency Training Program.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1991
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- * AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- * CIGNA
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- * Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- * United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported