Barbara Lee Flye, Ph.D.
Barbara L. Flye, PhD specializes in psychological and neuropsychological assessment of children, adolescents and adults.
Dr. Flye is an Associate Professor of Psychology in Clinical Psychiatry. She specializes in the evaluation and treatment of children, adolescents and their families. She founded along with P. Kernberg, M.D. and J. Hariton, PH.D. the children of divorce treatment program at Payne Whitney -Westchester.
As a member of the faculty, she teaches and supervises, medical students, residents and Psychology trainees. She has been recognized as an outstanding teacher, winning four "Teacher of the Year" awards from both resident in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology post doctoral fellows.
*** Please note, Dr. Flye is currently not accepting new patients.
For patient referral please call (888) 694-2255
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
Honors and Awards
Faculty Teacher of the Year Award, New York-Presbyterian Hospital Â Weill Medical College of Cornell University -
Payne-Whitney Westchester:1996, 1997, 2001 and 2004.
- Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Child Psychotherapy
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- General Psychiatry
- Adolescent Psychotherapy
- Pediatric Attention Deficit (Add)
- Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Family Therapy
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Mood Disorder
- Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Psychotherapy For Relationship Problems
- Psychological Assessment
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Family Psychotherapy
- Children of Divorce
- ADHD In Children, Adolescents and College Students
- M.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1967
- Ph.D., Columbia University, 1974