Locations and Appointments
- Molecular Genetic Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pathologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 2010
- B.A., University of Delaware, 2006
- B.A., University of Delaware, 2002
As a neuropathologist with additional subspecialty training in molecular genetic pathology, I believe in the integration of both well-established traditional diagnostic techniques and cutting-edge genomic techniques, allowing the most accurate understanding of a patient's disease possible. This allows for us to identify patients who may benefit from therapies specifically targeted to the patient's disease, maximizing therapeutic efficacy, while minimizing potential harmful side-effects. I am interested in the application of genomic techniques in the identification of novel tumor entities and the sub-classification of existing entities.
After receiving his undergraduate degree at the University of Delaware, Dr. Liechty attended medical school at Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. He attended residency in anatomic pathology and fellowship in neuropathology at NYU Langone Medical Center, and fellowship in molecular genetic pathology at Columbia University. Dr. Liechty conducts research in the use of genomic techniques in the characterization of brain tumors, and has been involved in the development of educational materials for medical trainees.
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.