Specialties and Expertise
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Difficulty Swallowing
Ms. Weisenberg is a speech-language pathologist for New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medicine. She received her B.A. from The George Washington University and her M.S. from Boston University.
Ms. Weisenberg is certified to work through the Department of Health (DOH) and has her Teacher of the Speech and Hearing Handicapped (TSHH) Certificate now referred to as Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD). She also holds a certificate of clinical competence (CCC-SLP) and is a member of the American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA).
Ms. Weisenberg joined Weill Cornell Medicine and New York Presbyterian Hospital in 2007. She has experience with a diverse patient population including those with dysphagia, aphasia, dysarthria, and cognitive-linguistic deficits. Her expertise includes dysphagia, with focus on the evaluation of swallow difficulties utilizing Modified Barium Swallow studies (MBS) and Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES). Other areas of focus include rehabilitation and care of the laryngectomized patient, and management of individuals with head and neck cancer. Her goal is to always have patients on the least restrictive and safest diet so they can enjoy the multifaceted pleasures, social connections, and nutrition gained with an oral diet.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Staff Associate in Otolaryngology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.S., Boston University, 2002
- B.A., George Washington University, 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass