Arielle Linsky, Ph.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist with expertise in evidence-based treatment for anxiety, mood, trauma, and related disorders with a focus on treating older adolescents and young adults. Dr. Linsky is a member of the Youth Anxiety Center and holds appointments as an Assistant Attending Psychologist at NewYork-Presbyterian and Instructor of Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine. Her treatment approach focuses primarily on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and draws on related therapeutic approaches including Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), and mindfulness techniques. Dr. Linsky also has extensive experience with Parent Management Training (PMT) and offers individual and group sessions for caregivers of teens and young adults. Additionally, she is expertly trained in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) and offers couples therapy for couples in relationship distress. In her research, Dr. Linsky has developed and evaluated programs aimed at building social and emotional skills and improving wellbeing for youth in school settings, as well as clinical interventions for young adults.
Specialties and Expertise
- Young Adults
- Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Grief Counseling
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Behavioral Medicine
- Adolescent Psychology
- Effective Parenting
- Couples Therapy
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Dr. Linsky has extensive training in evidence-based assessment and treatments for children, adolescents and young adults suffering from emotional and behavioral disorders. She earned her Ph.D. from Rutgers University, where she was a member of the Social Emotional and Character Development Lab. In her research, Dr. Linsky developed, implemented, and evaluated social-emotional and character development interventions in schools. Dr. Linsky completed her clinical internship at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Combined Specialization. During her internship, Dr. Linsky worked with individuals across the lifespan, honing her specialized skills in treating anxiety, grief, trauma, and related disorders. To complete her postdoctoral training, Dr. Linsky joined the team at the Youth Anxiety Center at NewYork-Presbyterian and Weill Cornell Medicine. At the Youth Anxiety Center, Dr. Linsky has built upon her expertise in the treatment of adolescents and young adults with anxiety and related disorders and contributed to research evaluating innovative interventions for this population.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
• P.E.O. Educational Gift (P.E.O. Chapter C 2019)
• Rutgers Excellence Fellowship for Dissertation Work (Rutgers University 2018)
• Sponsored Subscriptions for Emerging Scholars (Journal of Character Ed. 2017 & 2018)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Psychology in Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 2020
- M.S., Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 2017
- B.A., Wesleyan College, 2009
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported