Anup Pamnani, M.D.
Dr Pamnani received a medical doctorate from Columbia University in New York City, completed internship in Internal Medicine at Columbia University's New York Presbyterian Hospital and residency training in Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College/New York Hospital. In addition to board certification by the ABA, Dr. Pamnani is board eligible for the Advanced Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) certificate offered by the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE).
Dr. Pamnani's practice is quite diverse and he is involved in multiple anesthetic subspecialties. Currently, he is focused on liver transplant, vascular, bariatric, thoracic and obstetric anesthesia. He further specializes in the management of critically ill patients and patients with complex cardiac pathology presenting to the general operating rooms. These pathological conditions include end-stage congestive heart failure (including patients with ventricular assist devices and awaiting organ transplantation), adult congenital heart disease, liver failure and patients with difficult airways.
In addition to clinical practice, Dr. Pamnani is involved in departmental administrative activities and and resident education.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Vascular Anesthesia
- Obstetrical Anesthesia
- Anesthesia For Liver Transplant Recipient
- Anesthesia For Bariatric Surgery
- Liver Transplant
- B.S., University of Maryland, 1996
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2002