Amos Shemesh, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
Dr. Amos Shemesh serves in a dual capacity as medical director for the Physician Assistant Program and as assistant director of clinical services in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine.
Dr. Shemesh is a graduate of NewYork Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medicine Leadership in Academic Medicine Program (LAMP). He earned his medical degree from the University of Vermont College of Medicine and completed his emergency medicine residency training at the University of Pennsylvania where he completed a Healthcare Leadership in Quality and Safety track and also served as chief resident in his final year.
Since joining the Weill Cornell Emergency Medicine faculty in 2016, Dr. Shemesh has spearheaded several important departmental quality and patient experience initiatives including code sepsis. He also serves on the NYP Organ Donation Council and the national American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Disaster Preparedness Committee.
Dr. Shemesh is an assistant professor of Emergency Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and practices emergency medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center and NYP-Lower Manhattan Hospital. Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medicine, Dr. Shemesh was an attending physician in emergency medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Health System in Philadelphia, PA.
- Emergency Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Vermont College of Medicine, 2011
- B.A., Franklin and Marshall College, 2007
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans