Specialties and Expertise
- Reproductive Endocrinologist
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Ovulation Induction
- Reproductive Health
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Egg Freezing
- Egg Donation
- H/O Amenorrhea
- Reproductive Medicine
- Female Infertility
“At the Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine, we strive to combine state-of-the-art medical treatment with compassionate and customized patient care. My goal as a physician is to get to know each patient as an individual to create a tailored treatment plan that achieves the dream of parenthood.”
Dr. Alexis P. Melnick is an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine at the Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine (CRM) of Weill Cornell Medical College. She received her undergraduate degree in Biological Basis of Behavior and Hispanic Studies Summa Cum Laude from the University of Pennsylvania, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She received her medical degree from New York University School of Medicine where she was a member of Alpha Omega Alpha, the national medical honor society. She went on to complete a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center followed by a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine. Dr. Melnick is a board-certified Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine and the Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Dr. Melnick offers patients a full range of reproductive services in her practice including ovulation induction, in vitro fertilization, fertility preservation, oocyte donation and treatment of reproductive endocrinopathies and recurrent miscarriage, and menopause. She is also a skilled surgeon, performing a variety of minimally-invasive surgical techniques for treatment of endometrial and ovarian disorders.
Dr. Melnick has received numerous awards for her clinical excellence and surgical expertise including the Frederick C. Holden Award for Excellence in Obstetrics & Gynecology (NYU) and the Special Resident in Minimally Invasive Surgery Award (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists). In addition, she is a prolific researcher and contributor to the literature, having authored numerous peer-reviewed publications. Her current areas of interest include preimplantation genetic screening (PGS), implantation failure and oocyte donation.
Dr. Melnick sees patients in both CRM's main office on Manhattan's Upper East Side (1305 York Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10021) and at 215 East 68th Street, NY 10065. Please call (646) 962-7650 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
For more information about Cornell's Department of Reproductive Medicine, visit IVF.org.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Reproductive Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2009
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2005
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass