Alicia Mecklai, M.D.
520 East 70th Street, Starr Pavilion, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10065
P: (646) 962-5558 | F: (212) 746-8451
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 2007
- B.S.E., Duke University, 2003
Assistant Attending Physician
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Alicia Mecklai is a full-time faculty member at the New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical College and practices general cardiology and echocardiography. She provides inpatient care on the consultative cardiology service, telemetry unit, and CCU (cardiac care unit). Her primary areas of interest are in echocardiography, valvular heart disease, chronic stable angina, and coronary artery disease.
Dr. Mecklai was born and raised in Houston, Texas. After graduating summa cum laude in Biomedical Engineering at Duke University, she attended Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA. She subsequently moved to New York where she completed her internship and residency training in Internal Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center, followed by Cardiology Fellowship, specializing in noninvasive imaging with a focus on echocardiography at New York University Langone Medical Center.
Dr. Mecklai is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, Echocardiography, and Nuclear Cardiology. She a member of the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association. She also speaks Spanish.