You are here
As a young surgeon, my training and approach to care has always centered on a cohesive multimodal and multidisciplinary model of care. The body has systems which operate in conjunction with others and are not siloes unto themselves. Like these systems, it is my belief that medicine should be practiced in the same manner. Additionally, I strive to emphasize care focused on coordination that should be preemptive rather than reactive.
Trauma, Critical Care and Burn Surgery encompasses a field that affects all ages of people, with an impact on life greater than cancer, heart disease and HIV combined. While the incidence of trauma has remained relatively unchanged since the 1970’s despite the birth of a field medicine dedicated to its care, it is my belief that a study of evidence based medicine and clinical applicability of such data stands a chance at curbing the almost 200,000 lives lost to the disease annually. Through outreach, research, and a care model concentrated on trauma patients as well as their families and affected communities, I hope to curb the numbers of lives changed by trauma daily.
Specialties & Expertise
- Trauma Surgery
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Surgeon
Instructor in Surgery
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Drexel University College of Medicine, 2008
- B.S., Florida State University, 1997
Anton George Kelly, MD is an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the division of Trauma, Burns, Critical and Acute Care at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Surgeon at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Kelly specializes in Surgical Critical Care, Acute Care Surgery and Trauma with a focus on Traumatology and Burn management.
Prior to his arrival, Dr. Kelly completed his residency in general surgery at Easton Hospital in Easton Pennsylvania followed by a dual fellowship in burn surgery and surgical critical care at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Westchester Medical Center respectively.
Dr. Kelly is an active member of many prestigious medical and surgical societies, including the American College of Surgeons, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, Society of Critical Care Medicine and the American Burn Association. He has also been published numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and abstracts.
In addition, Dr. Kelly has been honored with the 2015 Physician of the Year Award from NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.