Locations and Appointments
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesia
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Vascular Anesthesia
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Disaster Management
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Associate Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Attending Anesthesiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education & Training
- M.D., Medical College of Pennsylvania, 1994
Dr. Lichtman is an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Director of Vascular Anesthesia at the Weill Cornell Medical College where he specializes in the anesthetic care of patients undergoing complex cardiovascular and aortic surgery. Dr. Lichtman is board-certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology, and holds subspecialty certification in Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography from the National Board of Echocardiography. He is a Fellow of both the American Society of Echocardiography and the American Academy of Wilderness Medicine.
Dr. Lichtman is a member of both national and state anesthesia societies including the American Society of Anesthesiologists Committees on Trauma and Emergency Preparedness, Uniformed Services & Veterans' Affairs and, the New York State Society of Anesthesiologists Committee on Continuous Quality Improvement.
Dr. Lichtman is a Captain in the United States Navy Medical Corps where his duties include: Director of Surgical Services for Operational Health Support Unit Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, and the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery Reserve Component Specialty Leader for the Training in Medical Specialties (TMS) program.
His military training includes recognition and treatment of chemical and biological warfare casualties, disaster, and undersea medicine. In 2003, he was recalled to active duty for Operation Iraqi Freedom for which he received the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement medal.
His teaching interests include: cardiothoracic anesthesiology, trauma, and training medical and military personal in disaster medicine and weapons of mass destruction.
A summary of Dr. Lichtman's Education and Training is listed as following:
Undergraduate: B.A. History-Middle Eastern Concentration. Tulane University. New Orleans, LA.
Medical School: Medical College of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia, PA.
Residency Training: Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center. NY, NY.
Fellowship: Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology. Mount Sinai Medical Center. NY, NY.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare Health Plans
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Department of Anesthesiology Prize for Academic and Clinical Excellence In Anesthesiology Medical College of Pennsylvania. 1994.
Resident Academic Achievement Prize- Department of Anesthesiology-Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY 1997.
Chief Resident, Department of Anesthesiology Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center. 1998
Fellow-American Society of Echocardiography.
Fellow-American Academy of Wilderness Medicine.
Meritorious Service Medal.
Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal.
Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (Two Awards).
Honorary Surgeon-New York State Fraternal Order of Police.