You are here
As a pathologist I am charged with making decisions that directly impact patient care, including who goes home, who stays in the hospital, who gets treatment and who does not. This responsibility demands working closely with staff and clinicians as well as reviewing the medical record. Putting the pieces of the diagnostic puzzle together to the greatest benefit of the patient is my daily objective. As a member of the faculty my personal goal is to make the wisest decisions necessary for the best care possible for the INDIVIDUAL patient, the standard of Weill Cornell Medicine.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
Clinical & Academic Positions
Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Stanford University School of Medicine, 1983
- B.S., Oregon State University, 1979
Honors & Awards
1992 Arthur Purdy Stout Society of Surgical Pathologists Award for outstanding publication in the field of surgical pathology by an investigator under the age of 40.
2000-2004 Castle Connelly Top Doctors-New York Metropolitan Area
Dr. Amy Chadburn is an outstanding diagnostic hematopathologist who is well liked by the local hematopathologists/oncologists for her daily contributions to patient care. She is widely respected within the hematopathology community nationwide. Her peers have voted her to be included in the Castle-Connolly Best Doctors in the New York metropolitan area for the last three years. The United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology has asked her to serve on their abstract review board and to moderate numerous scientific sessions. She has been invited to lecture throughout the United States and Europe on the areas of her special expertise, namely immunodeficiency-associated lymphoproliferative disorders.
In addition to her clinical diagnostic expertise, and in spite of her large clinical service demands, Dr. Amy Chadburn has relentlessly pursued the scientific investigation of lymphoproliferative disorders throughout her career. She has collaborated with a large number of investigative activities which has resulted in more than 50 original publications. She has published numerous other original articles in her own right or with other collaborators. She received the coveted Arthur Purdy Stout Award in 1992 for the best paper published in the pathology literature by a pathologist under the age of 40.
Her scholarly contributions cover virtually the entire range of lymphoproliferative disease. She is however best recognized nationally for her contributions to our understanding of AIDS-associated lymphoid neoplasia, post-transplantation lymphoproliferative disorders and the applications of flow cytometric and immunohistochemical technologies to the diagnosis, classification, and investigation of lymphoid neoplasia.