Abtin Tabaee, M.D.
Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
Dr. Abtin Tabaee provides expert medical and surgical care for disease of the nose and paranasal sinuses. He is a nationally renowned leader in the field and provides a caring, personal approach throughout the treatment process.
If you are scheduled to see Dr. Tabaee as a new patient, please print and complete the Patient Packet and bring it with you on the day of your appointment. Thank you.
Specialties and Expertise
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
- Sinus Surgery
- Nasal Surgery
- Nasal Polyps
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Nasal Congestion
- Nose Bleeds
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak
- Benign Nasal Tumor
- Malignant Nasal Tumors
Abtin Tabaee, MD is Associate Professor and full-time faculty member in the Department of Otolaryngology with an expertise in Rhinology, endoscopic sinus surgery and endoscopic skull base surgery. Dr. Tabaee provides specialized medical and surgical care for functional disorders of the nose, paranasal sinuses and skull base including sinusitis, nasal polyps, deviated nasal septum, nasal congestion, nose bleeds (epistaxis), cerebrospinal fluid leak, benign and malignant tumors affecting the nose and paranasal sinuses. He is the director of the fellowship program in Rhinology and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He is board certified by the American Academy of Otolaryngology and is a fellow member of the American Rhinologic Society. Dr. Tabaee embraces a patient centered approach with an emphasis on patient education, active dialogue and shared decision-making throughout the treatment process.
Dr. Tabaee graduated magna cum laude from Duke University and received his medical degree with honors from Cornell University Medical College. He completed residency in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital, the combined Columbia - Cornell University training program. He subsequently completed a fellowship in Rhinology and Endoscopic Sinus and Skull Base Surgery. He has presented nationally and internationally on the techniques and outcomes of surgical approaches for nasal and sinus disorders and has authored over 50 peer-reviewed scientific articles and over 20 book chapters. He has served in leadership positions in the field of rhinology at the regional and national level including visiting faculty for numerous national scientific meetings, committee member for the American Rhinologic Society and journal reviewer for the primary journals in the field of rhinology.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Castle Connolly Top Doctor, 2017
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Otolaryngologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Otolaryngology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 2000
- B.S., Duke University, 1995
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- * Health First
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- * VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- * VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported