William I. Kuhel, M.D.
Dr. Kuhel graduated from the University of Michigan Medical School. He trained in General Surgery at St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center in Manhattan for two years and completed his residency training in Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the Indiana University Center. This was followed by a fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Dr. Kuhel is an Associate Professor of Clinical Otorhinolaryngology and Director of the Head and Neck Service in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
If you are scheduled to see Dr. Kuhel as a new patient, please print and complete the Patient Packet and bring it with you on the day of your appointment. Thank you.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- Kuhel WI, Yagoda M, Peterson P. Benign cervical teratoma in the adult: Report of a rare case with dense fibrosis involving adjacent vital structures. Analogy to benign mediastinal teratomas. Head Neck Surg - submitted 2/95
- Kuhel WI, Chow H, Godwin TA, Minick CR, Libby DM. Elevated carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) levels correlating with disease recurrence in a patient with adenoid cystic carcinoma. Head Neck Surg, In Press
- Hicks WL Jr, Kuhel WI, Hall L, Lwebuga-Mukasa JS. Rapid Isolation of Upper Respiratory Epithelial Cells. Molecular Biology of the Cell. Supplement. 1994;5:118
- Pfister D, Harrison L, Kraus D, Shah J, Spiro R, Armstrong J, Zelefsky M, Schantz S, Weiss M, Kuhel W, Bosl G, Strong E. Larynx Preservation (LP): Feasibility and Preliminary Efficacy of Concomitant Cisplatin (C) and Delayed Hyperfractionated (DHF) Radiation (RT) After Initial C-Based Chemotherapy (CT). Proceedings of The American Society of Clinical Oncology 1994;13:292
- Kuhel W, Geopfert H, Luna M, Wendt C, Wolf P. Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma of the Palate. Archives of Otolaryngology 1992;118:243-247
- Snow RB, Kuhel W, Martin SB. Prolonged Lumber Spinal Drainage After the Resection of Tumors of the Skull Base: A Cautionary Note. Neurosurgery (United States) 1991;28:880-883
- Kuhel WI, Selesnick SH, Labruna A. Carcinoma of the external auditory canal. Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America. Accepted for publication Spring 1996
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Surgery, Head and Neck
- Parathyroid Surgery
- Parathyroid Disease
- Thyroid Surgery
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
Contact and Practices
- M.D., University of Michigan Medical School, 1983