Steven P. Salvatore, M.D.
After residency training in anatomic and clinical pathology here at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, I remained here to do a fellowship in renal pathology under Dr. Surya Seshan. I was subsequently hired as faculty doing renal and autopsy pathology, starting in July 2012. My research interests include clinical and translational research in native and transplant kidney diseases.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
Loukeris K, Salvatore SP, Hoda RS. “Pulmonary Zygomycoses in an Immunosuppressed Patient”. Diagn Cytopathol. 2011 Jan; 39(1): 37
Salvatore SP, Barisoni L, Herzenberg AM, Chander PN, Nickeleit V, Seshan SV. “Collapsing Glomerulopathy in 19 Patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus”. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012 Jun;7(6):914-25. Epub 2012 Mar 29.
Salvatore SP, Cha EK, Rosoff JS, Seshan SV. "Non-Neoplastic Renal Cortical Scarring at Tumor Nephrectomy Predicts Decline in Kidney Function". Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013 Apr; 137(4):531-540.
D’Alfonso TM, Ginter PS, Salvatore SP, Antonio LB, Hoda S. “Phylloides Tumor with Numerous Thanatosomes (“Death Bodies”): A Report of Two Cases and a Study of Thanatosomes in Breast Tumors. Int J Surg Pathol. 2013 Apr 5. [Epub ahead of print
Salvatore SP, Reddi AS, Chandran CB, Chevalier JM, Okechukwu CN, Seshan SV. “Collapsing Glomerulopathy in Advanced Diabetic Nephropathy: Insights into Etiology of an Under-Recognized, Severe Pattern of Glomerular Injury”. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2013 Sep 29. [Epub ahead of print
Haider M, Salvatore SP, Kaplan J, Seshan SV. “Acute Kidney Injury Due to Tubular Intraluminal Monoclonal Light Chain Crystals Mimicking Acute Pyelonephritis”. Ren Fail. 2013 Oct 24. Epub ahead of print]
- Renal Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
- B.S., Wake Forest University, 2003
- M.D., St. Louis University School of Medicine, 2007