Sonal Kumar, M.D.
Dr. Sonal Kumar joined the Division in August 2012 as an Assistant Professor of Medicine. Dr. Kumar received her medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in 2006 and completed her Internal Medicine residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine in 2009. She completed her fellowship in Gastroenterology at Brigham and Women's Hospital in 2012. At that time, she also received her Master in Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health. Dr. Kumar is board certified in Internal Medicine and in Gastroenterology.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Health First
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
- Liver Damage
- Liver Disease
Contact and Practices
- Internal Medicine
- B.A., Washington University, 2002
- M.D., Washington University School of Medicine, 2006
- M.P.H., Harvard School of Public Health, 2012