Sonal Mehta, M.D.
Dr. Sonal Mehta is an Assistant Professor of Medicine and an attending physician in the Department of Medicine/Division of Geriatrics at New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Mehta completed her undergraduate studies at the University Of Pennsylvania in 1999, majoring in Anthropology and South Asia Regional Studies. She pursued her medical education at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and completed her residency in Internal Medicine at New York University Medical Center. She went on to pursue her Geriatrics Fellowship at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
After completion of the fellowship, Dr. Mehta remained within the Division of Geriatrics and assumed her present position at New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
Contact and Practices
- Geriatric Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1999
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2003