Seena Abraham, M.B., B.S.
"At New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell, excellent patient care remains
at the core of our mission. Some of the sickest children with congenital and
acquired heart disease, adults with congenital heart disease and mothers with
fetal congenital heart disease, all seek care at our hospital because they receive
unparalleled comprehensive care and family support. I am a proud member of
this pediatric cardiology team and it is my endeavor to continue to serve this
population with the promise to spare no efforts in delivering care with compassion and commitment."
Dr. Seena Abraham is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and an Attending Pediatric Cardiologist. She has an adjunct appointment as Clinical Instructor at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia University. She completed her medical degree at St. John's Medical College, India. In 1999, Dr. Abraham completed her residency in Pediatrics at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, Bronx, New York where she served as Chief Resident in Pediatrics
during her third year.
Dr. Abraham completed her Post-Doctoral Clinical Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology in the combined program of Columbia University Medical Center and Weill Cornell Medical College at New-York Presbyterian Hospital in 2002. She joined New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell as a member of the faculty and staff in 2002. She also has a private practice in West Nyack, NY.
Dr. Abraham, who is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology, is also certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Infection Control.
She serves as Consultant Pediatric Cardiologist at other hospitals including: Nyack Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, The Orange Regional Medical Center, St. Luke's –Cornwall Hospital, and The Rockland Children's Psychiatric Center.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
NATIONAL MEETINGS AND PRESENTATIONS/ RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
- Abraham S, Berman-Rosenzweig E, Zucker H, Smerling AJ, Quaegebeur JM, Starc TJ: Arginine-Vasopressin is beneficial in weaning children from cardiopulmonary bypass following open-heart surgery-Abstract presented at the American College of Cardiology Annual Scientific Sessions, March 2002.
- Abraham S, Osorio JC, Wang JT, Liao JK, Homma S, Mital S: Simvastatin in heart failure: a study in cardiomyopathic hamsters-oral presentation at the Young Investigators Award Finals of the American Academy of Pediatrics Annual Scientific Sessions, Boston, October 2002.
- Osorio JC, Abraham S, Kaufman BD, dePrada P, Homma S, Mital S: Disruption of the bradykinin 2 receptor induces cardiac re-modeling and dysfunction-oral presentation at the Young Investigators Award Finals of the American Academy of Pediatrics Annual Scientific Sessions, Boston, October 2002.
- Abraham S, Osorio JC, Wang JT, Liao JK, Homma S, Mital S: Simvastatin improves myocardial function by enhancing endothelial nitric oxide production #150; poster presented at the Annual American College of Cardiology Scientific Sessions, Chicago, March 2003- J Am Coll of Cardiology 2003, 41(6): 151A.
- Osorio JC, Abraham S, Kaufman BD, DePrada P, Homma S, Liao JK, Mital S: Simvastatin restores contractile function and reduces cardiac re-modeling in a genetic model of cardiomyopathy- J Am Coll of Cardiology 2003. 41(6), 180A
- Abraham S, Osorio JC, Homma S, Wang JT, Thaker HM, Liao JK, Mital S: Simvastatin preserves cardiac function in genetically determined cardiomyopathy#151;published in J Cardiovascular Pharmacology Vol 43, No 3, March 2004, 454-461.
- Abraham, S., Gruber, D., Gupta-Malhotra, M., Roman, M., Hudgins, L., Flynn, P., Levine, D., Zabriskie, J., Okorie, U., Baday, A., Schiller; M., Maturi, J., Meehan; D., Dyme, J., Gersony, W., Parker, T., Wittkowski, K., Cooper, R. Determination Of Atherosclerosis And Cystatin C Deficiency In The Long-term Survivors Of Kawasaki Disease. Abstract-oral presentation at the AHA sponsored, 8th International Kawasaki Disease Symposium, February 17-20, 2005 in San Diego.
- Gupta-Malhotra, Gruber, D., Abraham, S., Roman, M., Hudgins, L., Flynn, P., Levine, D., Zabriskie, J., Okorie, U., Baday, A., Schiller; M., Maturi, J., Meehan; D., Dyme, J., Gersony, W., Parker, T., Wittkowski, K., Cooper, R.- Atherosclerosis in Survivors of Kawasaki Disease, accepted for publication in The Journal Of Pediatrics, Ref. Ms. No. 20081114R2
Honors and Awards
National Merit Certificate and Scholarship for excellence in academics, India
Chief Resident, Pediatrics, Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, Bronx, NY
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Heart Surgery
- Congenital Heart Disease, Pediatric
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Pediatric Echocardiography
- Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Kawasaki Disease
- Rheumatic Fever
- Angioplasty, Percutaneous, Transluminal
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Chest Pain In Children and Adolescents
- Congenital Heart Disease, Adult
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Murmur
- Holter Monitoring
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Marfan's Syndrome
- Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization
- Pediatric Clinical Trials
- Pediatric ECG
- Heart Failure
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
Contact and Practices
- Pediatric Cardiology
- M.B.,B.S., St. Johns Medical College of Bangalore University (India), 1994