Robert William Schloss, M.D.
Dr. R. William Schloss is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College Campus. He is a member of the Division of Emergency and Musculoskeletal Radiology. Dr. Schloss performs a wide variety of exams including CT, MRI, Ultrasound, plain film and fluoroscopy.
Dr. Schloss earned his B.S., summa cum laude and with Distinction, from Duke University, Durham, NC in 1997 and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He was awarded his M.D. degree from Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA in 2001.
Dr. Schloss was an intern (2001-2002) at the Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA. This was followed by a year (2002-2003) of service to our nation when Dr. Schloss was a General Medical Officer in the United States Navy on the USS Ogden (LPD-5).
Dr. Schloss received his radiology residency training (2003-2007) in Diagnostic Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College-NYPH Department of Radiology. Dr. Schloss was elected Chief Resident in 2006-2007. He achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2007.
In 2007, Dr. Schloss was recruited to join the full-time faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College, Department of Radiology, Division of Emergency and Musculoskeletal Radiology where he has developed expertise in emergency radiology. In addition to clinical duties, Dr. Schloss is an active and engaged teacher of residents, fellows and medical students.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Power Doppler sonography in the diagnosis of hemophilic synovitis--a promising tool. Acharya SS, Schloss R, Dyke JP, Mintz DN, Christos P, DiMichelle DM, Adler RS. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis. 2008 Dec;6(12):2055-61.
Contact and Practices
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 2001