Ronald S. Winokur, M.D.
Ronald S. Winokur, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in interventional radiology and minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins. He is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. He sees patients at the NYPH-Weill Cornell Campus, where he focuses on catheter directed treatment of deep venous diseases and interventional oncology. Dr. Winokur also sees patients at Weill Cornell Vascular in a brand new facility located at 2315 Broadway (84th Street), where he utilizes techniques such as endovenous thermal ablation with laser (EVLT), sclerotherapy and microphlebectomy for the treatment of varicose veins.
Dr. Winokur is a graduate of Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, earning a B.S. degree in biomedical engineering. Dr. Winokur earned his M.D. degree from Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA. After completing an internship in Internal Medicine at The Lankenau Hospital, Wynnewood, PA, he completed a residency in diagnostic radiology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. He was elected and served as Chief Resident in his final year of residency. Dr. Winokur was invited to join the faculty of Weill Cornell Radiology faculty after completing a fellowship in Interventional Radiology at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical College and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Dr. Winokur’s clinical expertise is in interventional oncology and venous diseases involving both the deep and superficial venous systems. He performs a wide variety of interventional procedures including, but not limited to ablations and embolizations for liver malignancy, procedures to remove acute clots in the deep venous system, advanced techniques to treat varicose veins, image-guided biopsies and vascular access.
Dr. Winokur achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2012. His research interests include interventional treatment of liver malignancy, a topic in which he has co-authored several book chapters and presented at national meetings. He has also presented his work at national meetings regarding improving radiology resident education. In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Winokur is an active teacher of residents, Interventional Radiology fellows, and medical students.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Varicose Veins
- Spider Veins
- Endovenous Laser Ablation
- Phlebectomy, Varicose Vein
- Sclerotherapy (Spider Vein)
- Cosmetic Sclerotherapy of Legs
- Laser Ablation of Varicose Veins With Microphlebectomy
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Venous Insufficiency
- Arterio-Venous Malformation
- Liver Embolization
- Tumor Embolization
- Imaging Guided Endovascular Radiologic Intervention
Contact and Practices
- B.S., Tulane University, 2002
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 2006