Robbyn E. Sockolow, M.D.
Named 2014 Woman of the Distinction in Medicine by the Greater New York Chapter of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Voted one of New York Magazine's Best Doctors, 2014
Voted one of Castle Connelly's America's Top Doctors, 2014
New York "Super Doctor," 2014
Dr. Robbyn Sockolow is Director of Gastroenterology and Nutrition and Associate Attending Physician at NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College. She is board certified in pediatrics and pediatric gastroenterology and is also a certified Physician Nutrition Specialist. In 2011, she was selected for New York Magazine's Top Doctors, Castle Connelly's America's Top Doctors, and as a New York "Super Doctor."
A pioneer in making capsule endoscopy more user-friendly for children with her "jellybean test," Dr. Sockolow's clinical interests include inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) (Crohn's and ulcerative colitis), celiac disease, capsule endoscopy, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and GI disease related to Autism Spectrum Disorders.
After receiving two B.A.s at Emory College in Atlanta, Georgia, Dr. Sockolow completed her medical degree (M.D.) at New York Medical College. She continued her medical training at Montefiore Medical Center in New York City, where she completed her residency in Pediatrics. She followed this with the completion of two fellowships in pediatric gastroenterology at Mount Sinai Hospital (New York City) and Montefiore.
OR-Live: Pediatric Capsule Endoscopy, presentation by Dr. Sockolow on OR-Live
WCBS-TV: 'Pill-Cam' Helps Diagnose Disease In Children
NYP-YouTube: Dr. Sockolow on Capsule Endoscopy in Pediatric Patients
NYP-YouTube: Dr. Sockolow on Treating the "Total Child"
NYP-YouTube: Dr. Sockolow on the Center for Advanced Digestive Care
NYP-YouTube: Dr. Sockolow - Biography
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [HMO]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Sunku, B., Marino, R., Sockolow, R.: A Primary Care Approach to Pediatric Gastroesophageal Reflux. Journal of American Osteopathic Association, Dec. 2000; 100(12 Suppl pt2):S11-5.
- Vaquero-Solans, C., Sockolow, R.: Chylous Ascites associated with Gastroschisis. Clinical Pediatrics, Aug. 1996, 35:8:pp 415-416.
- Spivak, W., Sockolow, R., Rigas, A.: The Relationship between Insurance Class and Severity of Presentation of Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Children. The American Journal of Gastroenterology, June 1995; 90:6: Pg 982-987.
- Vaquero-Solans, C., Mitsudo, S., Sockolow, R.: The Importance of Fundic Biopsies in Peptic Disease in Children. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 1994; 40 (2): 57.
- Vaquero-Solans, C., Sockolow, R.: Enteral Feeding, Pediatrics in Review, July 1994, 15:2:81.
- Vaquero-Solans, C., Sockolow, R.: Gastroesophageal Reflux. Pediatrics in Review, July 1994, 15:7:292.
- Conway, E.E., Sockolow, R.: Hydofluoric acid burn in a child. Pediatric Emergency Care, Dec. 1991;7:6:, pp.345-347.
Honors and Awards
1989, Chairman's Recognition Award for Contributions made to the Department of Pediatrics
1999-2011, Castle Connolly, Top Doctor Awards
2006, Young Investigator's Award. International Conference on Capsule Endoscopy, Boca Raton, Florida
2007. Distinguished Physician Award, Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Long Island Chapter
2008-2010, New York Super Doctors The New York Times Magazine
2009, Castle Connolly, Top Pediatrician Award
2011, American Gastroenterology Association Fellow, AGA
2014, 2013, 2012, New York Magazine's Best Doctors
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- M.D., New York Medical College, 1986