Robert Edward Schwartz, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Robert Schwartz is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University and an Attending Physician, New York-Presbyterian Hospital Cornell campus. A native New Yorker he obtained his B.E. in Chemical Engineering from the Cooper Union and his M.D. and Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Minnesota. He completed his Internal Medicine residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University in St. Louis and his fellowship training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital. In his patient practice Dr. Schwartz’s focuses on the care of patient with liver disease. His interests include viral hepatitis, autoimmune causes of liver disease, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease as well as metabolic causes of liver disease.
Dr. Robert Schwartz is also an active physician scientist focused on developing and building models of human liver disease in vitro. He uses stem cell biology, hepatocyte biology and incorporates engineering techniques to better understand human liver disease with the goal to improve clinical therapy.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Fatty Liver
- Liver Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Disease of Liver
Contact and Practices
- Internal Medicine
- B.E., Cooper Union, 1995
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 2005
- M.D., University of Minnesota Medical School, 2006