Robert C. Abrams, M.D.
Robert C. Abrams, MD is board-certified in both General and Geriatric Psychiatry, but exclusively sees patients in their 60s or older. He works in the Department of Psychiatry at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and also as a consultant to the Hospital's Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology. His clinical and research interests are in affective and personality disorders in the elderly, as well as public health issues including self-neglect, elder abuse and suicide.
Appointment hours are by individual arrangement.
To schedule appointments:
Call - (212) 746-3736 [or]
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- Abrams, R.C., Young, R.C., Alexopoulos, G.S., and Holt, J.H. "Neuroticism May be Associated with History of Depression in the Elderly." Int. J. Geriatr. Psychiatry. vol. 6 (1991): 483-488.
- Abrams, R.C. "Personality Disorders in Old Age." In Principles and Practice of Geriatric Psychiatry. J.M.R. Copeland, M.T. Abou-Saleh, and D. Blazer (eds.). John Wiley and Sons, (1994).
- Abrams, R.C., Rosendahl, E., Card, C., and Alexopoulos, G.S. "Personality Disorder Correlates of Late and Early Onset Geriatric Depression." J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. vol. 42 (1994): 1-5.
- Adult Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry
- Psychiatry, Geriatric
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1972
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1976