Padmaja Kandula, M.D.
Within epilepsy, my sub-specialy area of interest involves the special concerns of women with seizure disorders. I am interested in giving women the optimal pre-conceptual neurologic counseling for optimal management of epilepsy during pregnancy and the post-partum period. Treatment of pregnant women with epilepsy involves a team approach. Our team involves dedicated nursing staff specially equipped to handling women with epilepsy and a close working relationship with obstetricians well equipped with managing and treating women with epilepsy.
Padmaja Kandula, MD is the Director of Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship at the Weill Cornell Epilepsy Center. She received her medical degree at Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine in Ohio, followed by a residency in neurology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and two fellowships in Clinical Neurophysiology/Epilepsy and Intraoperative Surgical Monitoring, both at Weill Cornell Medical College. She is certified by The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and the American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology. Her major area of interest is epilepsy. Within epilepsy, subspecialty areas of interest include epilepsy surgery and presurgical workup, intensive care neurologic monitoring (ICU monitoring), neuro-oncology and epilepsy, and women's issues and epilepsy.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please feel free to contact this physician or this physician's practice as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- Seizure Disorder
Contact and Practices
- M.D., Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine, 1999