Stephen Todd Chasen, M.D.
1. Fishman SG, Maheshwari B, Chasen ST. Risk factors for preterm delivery with placenta previa. J Perinat Med 2011. Nov 16 [Epub ahead of print]
2. Chasen ST, Wasden SW. Sequential Testing for Down Syndrome: The impact on estimated risk. Prenat Diagn. 2012;32:138-41
3. Fishman SG, Chasen ST. Risk factors for emergent preterm delivery in women with placenta previa and ultrasound findings suspicious for placenta accreta. J Perinat Med. 2011;
4. Wasden SW, Adams BN, Chasen ST. Are age cutoffs still used to identify candidates for invasive testing for chromosomal abnormalities? J Reprod Med. 2011;56:113-6.
5. Chasen ST, Krantz D. Does timing of biochemistry in first-trimester aneuploidy risk assessment affect the gestational age at prenatal diagnosis and pregnancy termination? Prenat Diagn. 2010;30:1151-4.
6. Brandt JS, Downing AC, Howard DL, Kofinas JD, Chasen ST. Citation classics in obstetrics and gynecology: the 100 most frequently cited journal articles in the last 50 years. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010;203:355.e1-7.
7. Chasen ST. Clinical implications of first-trimester screening. Clin Lab Med 2010;30:605-11.
8. Peláez LM, Chasen ST, Baergen RN. The relationship between placental histology and cervical length in twin gestations. J Perinat Med. 2010
9. Fox NS, Chasen ST. First trimester pregnancy associated plasma protein-A as a marker for poor pregnancy outcome in patients with early-onset fetal growth restriction. Prenat Diagn. 2009;29(:1244-8.
10. Chasen ST, Kalish RB, Chervenak FA. Basic versus detailed sonography: what do we miss? J Ultrasound Med. 2009;28:1015-8.
11. Chasen ST, Martinucci S, Perni SC, Kalish RB.First-trimester biochemistry and outcomes in twin pregnancy. J Reprod Med. 2009;54:312-4.
12. Peláez LM, Gelber SE, Fox NS, Chasen ST Inappropriate use of vancomycin for preventing perinatal group B streptococcal (GBS) disease in laboring patients. J Perinat Med. 2009;37:487-9.
13. Fox NS, Bhavsar V, Saltzman DH, Rebarber A, Chasen ST. Influence of maternal body mass index on the clinical estimation of fetal weight in term pregnancies. Obstet Gynecol. 2009;113:641-5.
14. Fox NS, Shalom D, Chasen ST. Second-trimester fetal growth as a predictor of poor obstetric and neonatal outcome in patients with low first-trimester serum pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A and a euploid fetus. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2009;33:34-8.
15. Fox NS, Gelber SE, Kalish RB, Chasen ST. The recommendation for bed rest in the setting of arrested preterm labor and premature rupture of membranes. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009;200(2):165.e1-6.
16. Fox NS, Gelber SE, Chasen ST. Physical and sexual activity during pregnancy and near delivery. J Womens Health. 2008;17:1431-5
17. Fox NS, Brennan JS, Chasen ST.Clinical estimation of fetal weight and the Hawthorne effect. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2008;141:111-4.
18. Fox NS, Gelber SE, Kalish RB, Chasen ST. History-indicated cerclage: practice patterns of maternal-fetal medicine specialists in the USA. J Perinat Med. 2008;36:513-7.
19. Trentacoste SV, Jean-Pierre C, Baergen R, Chasen ST. Outcomes of preterm premature rupture of membranes in twin pregnancies. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2008;21:555-7.
20. Fox NS, Gelber SE, Kalish RB, Chasen ST. Contemporary practice patterns and beliefs regarding tocolysis among U.S. Maternal-fetal medicine specialists. Obstet Gynecol. 2008;112:42-7.
21. Peláez LM, Fox NS, Chasen ST. Negative fetal fibronectin: who is still treating for threatened preterm labor and does it help? J Perinat Med. 2008;36:202-5.
22. Fox NS, Streltzoff J, Chasen ST. Spontaneous resolution of an adrenal mass seen on ultrasound at 17 weeks gestation. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2008;30:405-6.
23. Fox NS, Huang M, Chasen ST. Second-trimester fetal growth and the risk of poor obstetric and neonatal outcomes. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2008;32:61-5.
24. Fox NS, Chasen ST.Comparison of clinical estimation of fetal weight at the beginning and end of labor. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2008;101:133-6.
25. Chasen ST, Perni SC, Kalish RB, Chervenak FA. First-trimester risk assessment for trisomies 21 and 18 in twin pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007;197:374.
26. Rauch ER, Jean-Pierre C, Mohan-Saha A, Huang M, Chasen S. Inpatient management for a shortened cervix: who is really at risk? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2007;196:e43-4.
27. Fox NS, Jean-Pierre C, Predanic M, Chasen ST. Does hospitalization prevent preterm delivery in the patient with a short cervix? Am J Perinatol 2007;24:49-53.
28. Fox NS, Jean-Pierre C, Predanic M, Chasen ST. Short cervix: is a follow-up measurement useful? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2007;29:44-6.
29. Chasen ST. Peripartum and perioperative management of the anticoagulated patient. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 2006;33:493-7.
30. Chasen ST, Kalish RB, Chervenak FA. Gestational age at abortion: the impact of first-trimester risk assessment for aneuploidy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006;195:839-42.
31. Chasen ST, Luo G, Perni SC, Kalish RB. Are in vitro fertilization pregnancies with early spontaneous reduction high risk? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006;195:814-7.
32. Chasen ST, Perni SC, Predanic M, Kalish RB, Chervenak FA. Does a "vanishing twin" affect first-trimester biochemistry in Down syndrome risk assessment? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006;195:236-9.
33. Chervenak FA, McCullough LB, Chasen ST. Further evidence for first-trimester risk assessment as an autonomy-enhancing strategy. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2006;27:355.
34. Perni SC, Predanic M, Kalish RB, Chervenak FA, Chasen ST. Clinical use of first-trimester aneuploidy screening can replicate data from clinical trials. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006;194:127-30.
35. Perni SC, Vardhana S, Kalish R, Chasen S, Witkin SS. Clara cell protein 16 concentration in mid-trimester amniotic fluid: Association with fetal gender, fetal G>A +38 CC16 gene polymorphism and pregnancy outcome. J Reprod Immunol 2005;68:85-90.
38. Perni SC, Kalish RB, Hutson JM, Karasahin E, Bongiovanni AM, Ratushny V, Chasen ST, Witkin SS. Differential expression of immune system-related components in midtrimester amniotic fluid from singleton and twin pregnancies. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005;193:942-6.
39. Predanic M, Perni SC, Chasen ST, Baergen RN, Chervenak FA. Ultrasound evaluation of abnormal umbilical cord coiling in second trimester of gestation in association with adverse pregnancy outcome. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005;193:387-94.
43. Predanic M, Perni SC, Friedman A, Chervenak FA, Chasen ST. Fetal growth assessment and neonatal birth weight in fetuses with an isolated single umbilical artery. Obstet Gynecol 2005;105:1093-7.
44. Chasen S, Spiro S, Kalish R, Chervenak F. Changes in fetal presentation in twin pregnancies. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2005;17:45-8.
45. Predanic M, Perni SC, Chasen ST, Baergen RN, Chervenak FA. Assessment of umbilical cord coiling during the routine fetal sonographic anatomic survey in the second trimester. J Ultrasound Med 2005;24:185-91.
46. Kalish RB, Gupta M, Perni SC, Berman S, Chasen ST. Clinical significance of first trimester crown-rump length disparity in dichorionic twin gestations. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004;191:1437-40.
47. Perni SC, Vardhana S, Korneeva I, Tuttle SL, Paraskevas LR, Chasen ST, Kalish RB, Witkin SS. Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in midtrimester amniotic fluid: association with amniotic fluid cytokine levels and pregnancy outcome. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004;191:1382-6.
48. Kalish RB, Vardhana S, Gupta M, Perni SC, Chasen ST, Witkin SS. Polymorphisms in the tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene at position -308 and the inducible 70 kd heat shock protein gene at position +1267 in multifetal pregnancies and preterm premature rupture of fetal membranes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004;191:1368-74.
49. Perni SC, Vardhana S, Tuttle SL, Kalish RB, Chasen ST, Witkin SS. Fetal interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism, intra-amniotic interleukin-1beta levels, and history of spontaneous abortion. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004;191:1318-23.
50. Perni SC, Predanic M, Cho JE, Kalish RB, Chasen ST. Association of amniotic fluid index with estimated fetal weight. J Ultrasound Med 2004;23:1449-52.
51. Kalish RB, Thaler HT, Chasen ST, Gupta M, Berman SJ, Rosenwaks Z, Chervenak FA. First- and second-trimester ultrasound assessment of gestational age. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004;191:975-8.
52. Sharma S, Perni SC, Predanic M, Kalish RB, Zervoudakis IA, Chasen ST. Atypical sonographic presentation of fetal unilateral inguinoscrotal hernia in a multiple gestation. J Perinat Med 2004;32:378-80.
53. Predanic M, Perni SC, Chasen S, Chervenak FA. Fetal aneuploidy and umbilical cord thickness measured between 14 and 23 weeks' gestational age. J Ultrasound Med 2004;23:1177-83.
54. Chasen ST, Kalish RB, Gupta M, Kaufman J, Rashbaum WK, Chervenak FA. Dilation and evacuation at ³20 weeks: comparison of operative techniques. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004; 19:1180-3.
55. Chasen ST, McCullough LB, Chervenak FA. Is nuchal translucency screening associated with different rates of invasive testing in an older obstetric population? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004;190:769-74.
56. Chervenak FA, McCullough LB, Skupski D, Chasen ST. Ethical issues in the management of pregnancies complicated by fetal anomalies. Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2003;58:473-83.
57. Al-Kouatly HB, Chasen ST, Kalish RB, Chervenak FA. Causes of thrombocytopenia in triplet gestations. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003;189:177-80.
58. Kalish RB, Chasen ST, Gupta M, Sharma G, Perni SC, Chervenak FA. First trimester prediction of growth discordance in twin gestations. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003;189:706-9.
59. Kalish RB, Vardhana S, Gupta M, Chasen ST, Perni SC, Witkin SS. Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism and multifetal pregnancy outcome. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003;189:911-4.
60. Chasen ST, Sharma G, Kalish RB, Chevenak FA. First trimester screening for aneuploidy with nuchal translucency in a United States population. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2003; 22:149-51.
61. Sharma G, Kalish RB, Troiano, R, Heier L, Chasen ST. Use of fetal MRI in patients electing termination of by dilation and evacuation. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003;189:990-3.
62. Sharma G, Kalish RB, Chasen ST. Prognostic factors associated with antenatal subchorionic collection. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003;189:994-6.
63. Kalish RB, Chasen ST, Rosenzweig L, Rashbaum WK, Chervenak FA. Impact of mid-trimester dilation and evacuation on subsequent pregnancy outcome. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002;187:882-5.
64. Chasen ST, Al-Kouatly HB, Ballabh P, Skupski DW, Chervenak FA. Outcomes of dichorionic triplets. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002;186:765-7.
65. Skupski DW, Gurushanthaiah K, Chasen S. The effect of treatment of twin-twin transfusion syndrome on the diagnosis-to-delivery interval. Twin Res 2002;5:1-4.
66. Al-Kouatly HB, Chasen ST, Ahner R, Gilbert F, Chervenak FA. Correlation between rare chromosomal abnormalities and prenatal ultrasound findings. Am J Med Genet 2002; 107:197-200.
67. Chasen ST, Skupski DW, Chervenak FA, McCullough LB. Prenatal informed consent for sonogram: the time for first trimester nuchal translucency has come. J Ultrasound Med 2001;20:1147-52.
68. Al-Kouatly HB, Chasen ST, Karam AK, Ahner R, Chervenak FA. Factors associated with fetal demise in fetal echogenic bowel. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001;185:1039-43.
69. Al-Kouatly HB, Chasen ST, Streltzoff J, Chervenak FA. The clinical significance of fetal echogenic bowel. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001;185:1035-8.
70. Chasen ST, Chervenak FA, McCullough LB. The role of cephalocentesis in modern obstetrics. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001;185:734-6.
71. Chasen ST, Al-Kouatly HB, Chervenak FA. Correlation between prenatal and neonatal birth order in twins. Am J Perinatol 2001.
72. Chasen ST, Madden A, Chervenak FA. Cesarean delivery of twins and neonatal respiratory disorders. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999;181:1052-6.
73. Chasen ST, Loeb-Zeitlin S, Landsberger EJ. Hemoglobinopathy screening in pregnancy: comparison of two protocols. Am J Perinatol 1999;16:175-80.
74. Khabele D, Chasen ST. Cardiac tamponade: an unusual presentation of breast cancer in pregnancy. J Reprod Med 1999;44:989-91.
75. Chasen ST, Baergen R. Necrotizing funisitis with intrapartum umbilical cord rupture. J Perinatol 1999;19:325-6.
76. Borruto F, Chasen S, Chervenak FA, Fedele L. The Vecchietti procedure for surgical treatment of vaginal agenesis: comparison of laparoscopy and laparotomy. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 1999;64:153-8.
77. Lopoo JB, Hedrick MH, Chasen S, Montgomery L, Chervenak FA, Goldstein R, Hoffman WY, Harrison MR, Longaker MT. Natural history of fetuses with cleft lip. Plast Reconstr Surg 1999;103:34-8.
78. Chasen ST, Chervenak FA. What is the relationship between the universal use of ultrasound, the rate of detection of twin, and outcome differences? Clin Obstet Gynecol 1998;41:66-77.
79. Chasen ST, Silverman NS. Emergent cerclage: a ten-year single institution review. J Perinatol 1998;18:338-42.
80. Gorbe E, Chasen S, Harmath A, Patkos P, Papp Z. Very-low-birthweight breech infants: short-term outcomes by method of delivery. J MFM 1997;6:155-8.
81. Lagunowich LA, Schneider JC, Chasen S, Grunwald GB. Immunohistochemical and biochemical analysis of N-cadherin expression during CNS development. J Neurosci Res 1992;32:202-8.