Orli R. Etingin, M.D.
Books, Book Chapters and Reviews:
1. Hematologic Conditions in Women, in Textbook of Womens Health, Wallis, L. Ed., Little, Brown and Co., 1996
2. Associate Editor, Textbook of Womens Health, Wallis, L. Ed., Little, Brown and Co., 1996
1. Etingin, OR, and DP Hajjar. Nifedipine alters cholesterol metabolism in lipid-laden cells: A possible mechanism of its anti-atherogenic effect. J. Clin. Invest. 75:1554-1558,1985.
2. Etingin,OR, Weksler, BB and DP Hajjar. Cholesterol metabolism is altered by hydrolytic metabolites of prostacyclin in arterial smooth muscle cells. J. Lipid Res.27:530-536, 1986.
3. Hajjar, DP, Marcus, AJ and OR Etingin. Platelet-Neutrophil - Smooth Muscle Cell Interactions. Lipoxygenase-derived mono-and di-hydroxy acids activate cholesteryl ester hydrolysis by the cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase cascade. Biochemistry 28:8885,1989.
4. Etingin, OR and DP Hajjar. Evidence for cytokine regulation of cholesterol metabolism in herpesvirus infected arterial cells. J. Lipid Res. 31:299-305, 1990.
5. Etingin, OR and DP Hajjar. Enhanced cholesteryl ester hydrolytic activity in aortic tissue of patients on calcium channel blockers. Circ. Res., 66:185-190,1990.
6. Etingin, OR, Silverstein, RL, Friedman, HM and DP Hajjar. Viral activation of the coagulation cascade: Molecular interaction at the surface of infected endothelial cells. Cell, 61:657-662, 1990.
7. Etingin, OR, Hajjar, DP, Hajjar, KA, Harpel, PC, and RL Nachman. Lipoprotein (a) increases PAI-1 expression in human endothelial cells: A potential mechanism in thrombogenesis. J. Biol. Chem. 266:2459-2465,1991.
8. Etingin, OR, Silverstein, RL, and DP Hajjar. Identification of a monocyte receptor on herpesvirus-infected endothelial cells. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 88:7200-7203,1991.
9. Altieri, DC, Etingin, OR, Fair, DS, Brunck, TK, Geltosky, JE, Hajjar, DP, and TS Edgington. Structural motif in Factor X mediates binding to CD 11b/18 on monocytes and herpesvirus infected endothelial glycoprotein C. Science. 254:1200-1203,1991.
10. Nicholson, AC, Etingin, OR, Pomerantz, KB, and DP Hajjar. Dihydropyridine Calcium Antagonist Modulates Cholesterol Metabolism and Eicosanoid Biosynthesis in Vascular Cells. J. Cell. Biochem., 48: 393-400, 1992.
11. Etingin, OR, Silverstein, RL, and DP Hajjar. Viral Activation of Coagulation Cascade. Sem. in Virol. 3: (2) 125-134, 1992.
12. Etingin, OR, Silverstein, RL, and DP Hajjar. von Willebrand Factor Mediates Platelet Adhesion to Virally Infected Endothelial Cells. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 90:5153-5156, 1993.
13. Etingin, OR, Midoneck, S. Clarithromycin Related Toxic Effects of Digoxin, New England Journal of Medicine. 13: 1505, 1995.