Akkamma Ravi, M.B.,B.S., M.D.
1. Ravi A, Nisce L.Z., Nori D. Total Skin Electron Beam Therapy in the Management of Cutaneous Malignancies. Clinics in Dermatology 2001; 19:354-356.
2. Parikh S.K., Ravi A, Kuo Y, Nori D. Bullous pemphigoid masquerading as acute radiation dermatitis: Case report. Eur.J.Gynaec Oncol 2001; XXI: n.5.
3. Reddy N, Sood B, Sampath S, Mazur A, Osian A, Ravi A, Poli J, Nori D. Single Course IMRT Plan to deliver 45Gy to seminal vesicles and 81Gy to prostate in45 Fractions. Technology in Cancer Research and Treatment 2006; vol5, 503-512.
4. Reddy N, Nori D, Sartin W, Maiorano S, Modena. J, Mazur A, Osian A, Sood B, Ravi A, Sampath S. Influence of Volumes of Prostate, rectum and bladder on treatment planning CT- day on inter-fraction motion of prostate during BAT-image guided IMRT. Medical Physics 2007; 34, #6, 2375-2376.
5. Reddy N, Mazur A, Sampath S, Osian A, Sood B, Ravi A, Nori, D. The potential for dose dumping in normal tissues with IMRT for Pelvic and H&N Cancers, Medical Dosimetry 2008; 33: 55-61.
6. Reddy N, Mazur A, Osian A, Sood B, Ravi A, Nori D, Chang H, Lange C. Influence of volumes of prostate, rectum, and bladder on treatment planning CT on interfraction prostate shifts during ultrasound image- guided IMRT. Medical Physics 2009; 36, 5604-5611.
7. Reddy N, D.Nori, H. Chang, C.S.Lange, Ravi A. Prostate and Seminal Vesicle volume based consideration of prostate cancer patients for treatment with 3D- conformal or intensity- modulated radiation therapy. Medical Physics 2010; 37, 3791-3801.
8. Ravi A, Lee S, Karsif K, Osian A, Nori D. Intraoperative placement of MammoSite for breast brachytherapy treatment and Seroma incidence. Brachytherapy 2010; 9: 76-80.
9. Ravi A, Osian A, Karsif K, Lee S, Nori D. MammoSite Multilumen Catheter: Initial Dosimetry experience with this new Device. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics 2011; January/March, Vol 7; Issue 1, p17- 19.
10. Able C, Field GC, Linton N, Ravi A. Radiation Therapy Reintegrated. American College of Radiology Bulletin 2011; Vol 66, issue3, p17- 19.
11. Ramesh Rengan MD PhD, Bruce Curran M.S., M.E., Charles Able M.S., May Abdel-Wahab MD PhD, Akkamma Ravi MD, Kevin Albuquerque M.S., F.R.C.S., MD, Colin Field M.Sc., Sidrah Abdul B.Sc., Rishabh Kapoor M.Sc, Jatinder Palta Ph.D. and Prabhakar Tripuraneni M.D. Solving Connectivity Problems Encountered in the Modern Radiation Oncology Clinic: The Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise- Radiation Oncology (IHE-RO) Initiative. Practical Radiation Oncology Journal (PRO), 2011.
12. Ravi A, Heejung B, Karsif K, Nori D. Breast Cancer in men: A review of clinical presentation, prognostic factors, treatment outcome at a single institution. In press, American Journal of Men's Health, 2012, num 6, issue 1, page 51-58.
13. W. Yan, Cristos, P, C. Chao, D. Nori, Ravi A. "Is there a cause specific survival benefit of Post-mastectomy radiation therapy in women younger than age 50 with T3N0 invasive breast cancer? A SEER database analysis: Outcomes by receptor-status/race/age. Analysis using the NCI Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) database." Am. J. Clinical Oncology, 2012, In Press.
Book Chapters (excluding chapters in section "Books")
1.Nori D, Ravi A, Parikh S, Poli J. Endobronchial Brachytherapy. Marcel Dekker; 2004.
ABSTRACTS PRESENTED AT NATIONAL MEETINGS
1. M.K.Hayes, A. Ravi, R.Antonacci, and P.B. Schiff: "Is there a Role for Adjuvant Treatment in Patients with T3NOMO Breast Cancer Treated by Modified radical
Mastectomy? Abstract, Supplement of Radiology, November 1997 Vol.205 (P), page 668
2. A. Ravi, L.Z. Nisce, M.K.Hayes, D.Nori, Splenic Irradiation in Hematologic Disorders, Abstract, Radiology, Volume 214, Number3, 1999.Oral presentation at RSNA meeting 1999.
3. A. Ravi, L.Z.Nisce, Albert M. Sabbas, Joseph Pressor, Victor Ruiz, D. Nori, High Dose-Rate Brachytherapy for Definite Treatment of Cutaneous Malignancies. American Brachytherapy meeting, Abstract, Radiotherapy and Oncology, May 2000. Poster at ABS 2000 meeting.
4. A. Ravi, L.Z.Nisce, D. Nori, and Primary Cutaneous Lymphomas: Role of Radiation Therapy, Poster Presentation in RSNA 2000. Abstract- supplement to Radiology, vol217 (P) page 154, Nov.2000.
5. Chu-Cheng Kan, Ph.D, Samyukta Ravi, Akkamma Ravi, M.D., Gloria Li, Ph.d, Dattatreyudu Nori, M.D. Effect of PDMP on human Glioblastoma /Astrocytoma U87MG Cancer Cells. Poster- printed in Lang Research Day abstract book, May 19, 2006, New York Hospital Queens.
6. Nandanuri M.S.Reddy, Ph.D, Brij Mohan Sood, M.D., Seshadri Sampath, Ph.D Andrez K. Mazur, Ph.D, Adrian Osian, M.S, Akkamma Ravi, M.D., Jaganmohan Poli, M.D., Dttatreyudu Nori, M.D., Single Course IMRT Plan to deliver 45Gy to seminal vesicles and 81Gy to prostate in45 Fractions. Technology in Cancer Research and Treatment, Vol5, number5, October 2006.
7.Nandanuri M.S.Reddy, PhD, Andrez K. Mazur, Ph.D, Sheshadri Sampath, Ph.D, Adrian Osian, M.S, Brij.M.Sood, M.D, Akkamma Ravi, M.D., Dattatreyudu Nori, M.D., FACR. The potential for dose dumping in normal tissues with IMRT for Pelvic and H&N Cancers. Presented at the 48th annual meeting of the American Association Of Physicists in Medicine, Orlando, Florida (Abstract), Medical Physics, 2006.
8. N.Reddy, D.Nori, W.Sartin, S.Maiorano, J.Modena, A.Mazur, A. Osian, B.Sood, A.Ravi, S. Sampath, Influence of volumes of Prostate, Rectum and Bladder on the treatment Planning CT-Day on interfraction motion of prostate during BAT image guided IMRT. Abstract, Medical Physics, Vol.34, no6. June 2007 Presented for General poster discussion session in the American Association of Physicists in Medicine, July22 to July 26, 2007, Minneapolis, MN.
9. N.Reddy, D.Nori, A.Ravi, B.Sood, H.Chang, Exclusion of Seminal Vesicles (SV) spares bladder more than rectum during IMRT for prostate cancer. Abstract, Medical Physics, vol35, no.6, 2008. Presented for General poster discussion in the American Association Of Physicists in Medicine, 2008.
10. Akkamma Ravi, Adrian Osian, Karen Karsif, Susan Lee, Kenneth Rifkind ,Dattatreyudu Nori, Seroma Development following intraoperative MammoSite Breast Brachytherapy: Incidence and contributing factors. Abstract, Radiotherapy Oncology, May 2008.Poster presentation at American Brachytherapy Society /GEC-ESTRO meeting 2008.
11. N.M Reddy , D.Nori, B.M. Sood, A.Ravi, H.Chang, C.S. Lange, 3D plan Dosimetry is Comparable to IMRT plans for small to medium size Prostate cases for use with IGRT. Poster presentation, 50th ASTRO meeting International Journal Radiation Oncology Physics, vol 72, vo1, supplement 2008.
12. P.S. Patel, A.Ravi, R.Allbright, P.Christos, J. Brennan, B.Parashar, D.Nori, A.G. Wernicke, Re-Irradiation of loco-regional Recurrence in patients with Intermediate and high risk stages I and II Endometrial Cancer: Prognostic factors and Outcomes. Poster presentation, 50th ASTRO meeting International Journal Radiation Oncology Physics, vol72, supplement 2008.
13. A.Ravi, K.Karsif, S. Lee, S. Fink, A.Osian, D.Nori, Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation using MammoSite Brachytherapy: Treatment efficacy, cosmesis and toxicity results abstract, abstract, Radiology, Radiology, Oral Presentation at 94th Scientific Assembly, RSNA 2008.
14. J. Poli, A.Ravi, K.Karsif, B.Kaplan, H. Bang, D.Nori, Male Breast Cancer: A 16 year Review at New York Hospital Queens. Abstract, Radiology, Oral Presentation at 94th Scientific Assembly, RSNA 2008
15. Sharma, Neha; Nori, Dattatreyudu; Ravi, Akkamma; Outcomes in Patients with HER2 Over expressing and Triple Negative Phenotypes Treated with Partial Breast Irradiation using MammoSite Brachytherapy. Poster presentation at American Brachytherapy Society Annual Meeting at Vancouver, Canada, 2009
16. Akkamma Ravi MD, Priti Patel MD, Karen Karsif MD, Michael Warhol MD, Dattatreyudu Nori MD. Treatment Outcomes and Prognostic Implications for Basal and Non Basal Like Triple Negative Breast Cancer in younger women, Oral Poster presentation at American Society Of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO) annual meeting 2009, Chicago.
17. N.M. Reddy, A. Mazur, A. Osian, B. Sood, A. Ravi, D. Nori, H. Chang and C.S. Lange. S Influence of anatomical and physical aspects of treatment planning on prostate and H&N IMRT plan QA result. (AAPM) Medical physics 36: 2569, 2009.
18. Akkamma Ravi, MD, Karen Karsif, MD, Neha Sharma, MD, Dattatreyudu Nori, MD. Accelerated Partial breast Irradiation for early breast cancer using MammoSite Catheter in postmenopausal patients: 6 year results from a single institution. Oral presentation at American Brachytherapy meeting, Atlanta, April, 2010 Susan Lee, MD,
19. Akkamma Ravi, MD, Neha sharma, MD, Karen Karsif, MD, Dattatreyudu Nori, MD. Ductal Carcinoma in situ- prognostic factors and treatment outcome in Younger patients aged 40 and under. Poster presentation at The American Radium Society, 92nd annual meeting, CANCUN, Mexico, May 2010.
20. Analysis of acute rectal toxicity, interfraction prostate and SV shifts during kV- CBCT image guided prostate cancer. N.M Reddy,A. Ravi,S. Coplowitz, W. Yan, S. Boluggodu, D. Scurello, C. lagos, H. Chang, C. Lange, D. Nori. (ASTRO) Int. J. radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 78, vol3, suppl 1, S186, 2010.
21. Comparison of structure contouring efficiency and dose- volume histograms (DVH) of pinnacle 3 and Eclipse treatment planning systems for prostate IMRT. N.M Reddy, A. Ravi, H. Chang, C.S Lange and D. Nori. (AAPM) Med. Phys.37, 3225, 2010
22. Clinicopathological features and outcomes of ductal carcinoma in situ in women 40 years and under. Sharma, Neha; Nori, Dattatreyudu Lee, Susan; Karsif, Karen; Ravi, Akkamma. Poster presentation at the American Radium Society meeting, Florida, May 2011.
23. Post mastectomy radiation therapy in younger women age less than 50 with T3N0 invasive breast cancer: Outcomes by receptor status/race/age. Weisi Yan, MD, PhD; Paul Christos; Milt Eisner; Dattatreyudu Nori,MD; Akkamma Ravi, MD; New York Hospital Queens, New York, NY, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY. Accepted for oral presentation at ASTRO October 2011 meeting in Florida.
24. The IHE-RO Initiative: A Progress Report:
R. Rengan, R. Kapoor, M. Abdel-Wahab, A. Ravi, M. Mietinnen, C. Field, B. Curran, S. Abdul, J. Palta, P. Tripuraneni, et al., poster presentation At ASTRO, October 2011 meeting in Florida.
25. Evaluation of loco-regional recurrence following partial breast irradiation in early stage node negative breast cancer treated by MammoSite: median follow up of 54 months. A. Ravi, C.P. Sison, A. Osian, S. lee, D. Nori. Digital poster discussion at ASTRO October 2011 meeting in Florida.
26. The prognostic significance of histology and treatment modality in stage IB squamous cell, adenosquamous and adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervix: SEER study 2004- 2008.A.Ravi.A, Stessin. A, Rosen. Lisa,D. Nori, Bahng, A.
poster discussion at American Radium Society meeting May 20l2 meeting in Las Vegas.
27. Long term outcomes and recurrence pattern following Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation using MammoSite by A.Ravi, C. Sison, A. Osian, S. Lee, D. Nori
Accepted as Oral presentation at World Congress of Brachytherapy, to be held from 10-12 May 2012 in Barcelona, Spain.
28. Outcome Determinants in Uterine Papillary Serous Carcinoma Based on
Clinico-PathologicandTreatmentFactors. H. Nagar, L.Rosen, M. Welshinger, M. Tsatsas, M. Warhol, D.Nori, A. Ravi. Oral presentation at the Lang Research Day, New York Hospital Queens, May 16, 2012.
29. Age, Hormonal Receptor Status, Ethnicity And Adjuvant Radiation Therapy As Predictive Factors For Cancer- Related Death In Elderly Patients Aged 70 Years And Older With Early Stage pT1a,b N0 Breast Cancer: A NCI-SEER Database Analysis.
W. Yan, P. Christos, D. Nori, C. K. Chao, A. Ravi. Accepted for oral presentation at ASTRO October 2012 meeting in Boston.
29. Outcome Determinants in Uterine Papillary Serous Carcinoma Based on
Clinico-PathologicandTreatmentFactors. H. Nagar, L.Rosen, M. Welshinger, M. Tsatsas, M. Warhol, D.Nori, A. Ravi. Accepted for oral presentation at ASTRO October 2012 meeting in Boston.
30. Long term results of Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) for Early Stage Node Negative Breast Cancer Treated By MammoSite: Evaluation of Loco-regional Recurrence and cosmesis with respect to Body Mass Index (BMI).
A. Ravi, C. Sison, A. Osian, D. Nori. Accepted for oral presentation at ASTRO October 2012 meeting in Boston.
Peer reviewer of Libertas Academica journals.Breast Cancer: Basic and Clinical Research
Cancer Growth and Metastasis
Palliative Care: Research and Treatment
Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics.
International meetings: Invited Faculty
Invited Faculty to participate in the Panel discussion and deliberations of Gynecological cancers and NCCN guidelines- At the 31st Annual Conference of the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India held in Hyderabad, INDIA November 2009.
Invited Faculty to lecture and participate in the discussion and deliberations of Gynecological cancers session, at the 33rd Annual Conference of the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India held in Jaipur, INDIA November 2011.
Invited to lecture on Advances in Breast Cancer management and Techniques of Partial breast irradiation at Bangalore Cancer Institute and Ramaiah Medical college, Bangalore, India in November 2011.