Pamela Charney, M.D.
Dr Pamela Charney is a primary care Internal Medicine physician and medical educator committed to providing comprehensive care for her patients. Her academic interests include medical education and how patient diversity impacts on medical care. Dr Charney is the Medical Director of the Weill Cornell Community Clinic, a student run clinic that provides care to uninsured adults.
Dr Charney graduated from Rush Medical College in Chicago in 1978, and completed her Internal Medicine Residency at Cook County Hospital, Chicago and the University of Connecticut, Farmington Connecticut. She graduated from the Primary Care Fellowship at the University of Connecticut. While at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, one of the public hospitals in NYC, and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, she was a member of their teaching honor society and became a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. Dr Charney edited Coronary Artery Disease in Women and was the Series Editor for the American College of Physician’s Women’s Health Book Series. She received the NYS Laureate award for her teaching physicians about Women’s Health for the American College of Physicians. Her publications include articles in the Annals of Internal Medicine and the Journal of General Internal Medicine.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Geriatric Medicine
- Primary Care
- Internal Medicine
- B.A., Grinnell College, 1975
- M.D., Rush Medical College, 1978